Something free to block pop-ups?

Pangolin

I have Adaware and Spybot but my PC is plagued by popups, probably because of sites the kids have been visiting. I need a good, reliable and free download, sharp-ish, please!

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

What version of interent explorer are you running? If you are running IE 7.0 under tools there is an option to enable this feature.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

If the pop-ups are coming from your browser then you should be able to disable them via the Tools options.

If they are coming up all the time, even when your browser isn't running then you probably have some nasty Adware program running. Update all the data files on your adware/spyware programs and then run them.

If that doesn't work then it starts getting technical! Something, somewhere has to start these cursed programs running when you boot up, you have to find it and it's not always easy.

What is this obsession with Hijack This? All that ever seems to happen is that people post their results, usually several hundred lines long, then it just gets ignored because nobody knows what the hell they're supposed to be looking for.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

What is this obsession with Hijack This? All that ever seems to happen is that people post their results, usually several hundred lines long, then it just gets ignored because nobody knows what the hell they're supposed to be looking for.

if you look at a highjack this log from a problem computer then it can be clear what is causing it, plus it allows you to disable those pain in the arse spywares that wont uninstall from your browser tool bar

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I found the easyest way was a complete destructive Reboot and reload using my recovery disk very drastic but a complete fix Haing said that my computor in questionat home is a recreatinal one so no vital info lost.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!