Confused!

henda11

im a bit up in the air about the temperature for fishing for carp. i know that when its a bit to cold they tend not to feed, so i came back from my fishing trip today, i caught nothing while i was there, which im not to fussed about because it was pretty cold and snowed the night before.

but i want to go fishing on friday at my local place, and the weather is going to be 8 degrees. is it worth trying or not ? the pond itself isnt big at all its just under an acre in size and is a circle shaped pond if thats any help

PB Mirror Carp: 10lb 7oz

PB Common Carp: 7lb 7oz

Get out there,you wont catch them at home

Admittedly being a little chilly it does make the sport a little slower,but the fish will be mooching about,and if they are on the move they are catchable

I think this time of year,even though the temps are down a bit,the amount of daylight hours is the trigger to get the fish on the move,granted water temps will influence how hard they feed,but there is always a chance of a nibble!

Good luck

it tastes like burning

This time of year is about the best there is (IMO). Fish don't appear to be fussed about temps too much at this time and are feeding up prior to spawning, in June / July ish (?). As mentioned above though, if you aren't out on the banks, you definately won't catch anything !

Rob.

Carp can be unpredicatable. A good number of people here have caught them through the ice in the middle of the winter, if that tells you anything . . .

You can catch them in all conditions, if you find them... any month of the year...

Rob Stubbs had a few out of my lakes in January one year..

Right place right time and you catch ...

check out this video clip I shot with Shaun Harrison in November.. it took him a while to locate fish but he had one for the camera in a few hours...

cheers

Gareth