help

Andykelly

Hi guys been carping for about 9 months had some good days and bad but last couple of weeks me and my mate have struggled to catch.we done 24 hrs over the weekend and not 1 bite between us.so I am lookin for a confidence booster this weekend and was hoping you could help. We are looking for a easy water where we can catch some carp within half hour/hour of south manchester not looking for a record fish just somewhere where we can go for some confidence any ideas guys thenks

Hi guys been carping for about 9 months had some good days and bad but last couple of weeks me and my mate have struggled to catch.we done 24 hrs over the weekend and not 1 bite between us.so I am lookin for a confidence booster this weekend and was hoping you could help. We are looking for a easy water where we can catch some carp within half hour/hour of south manchester not looking for a record fish just somewhere where we can go for some confidence any ideas guys thenks

If you want a confidence booster, have a look at the upcoming change in the weather. The last few weeks have been cold with horrible easterly winds, and I bet it's not just you who have struggled. I've been putting a session back and back for two weeks now because of the conditions, but from Wednesday the wind swings round to a South-Westerly and the temps rise a bit. This time of year the fish are just craving an excuse to have a good feast, and hopefully this will be it.

The week after looks to be a fair bit warmer with a lot of rain (so low pressure and higher water temps), so will probably be even better - but I hate fishing in the rain :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Andy, Andy, Andy, Get in to fishing, some Carpers in the real sense of the word go weeks and months, not hours and days.

I have found that the "younger angler" requires results very quickly, that is not what angling is about. If you do not catch try to understand why. The weather, the conditions, the time of year, the bait, the presentation, the location plus just bad luck.

There is no quick fix to catching,( unless you want a commercial) it's about doing it over and over again until you find that unique formula and then you are away and anglers are asking you for advice.

Also catching is only part of angling, what about the environment, the tree's, the birds, the inserts, the night sky, the thank f*uk i am here and not a work, these are all things important.

So if you do another 1000 hours of not catching think what else you have that not to many others enjoy.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Andy, Andy, Andy, Get in to fishing, some Carpers in the real sense of the word go weeks and months, not hours and days.

I have found that the "younger angler" requires results very quickly, that is not what angling is about. If you do not catch try to understand why. The weather, the conditions, the time of year, the bait, the presentation, the location plus just bad luck.

There is no quick fix to catching,( unless you want a commercial) it's about doing it over and over again until you find that unique formula and then you are away and anglers are asking you for advice.

Also catching is only part of angling, what about the environment, the tree's, the birds, the inserts, the night sky, the thank f*uk i am here and not a work, these are all things important.

So if you do another 1000 hours of not catching think what else you have that not to many others enjoy.

If I was being cynical, I'd say it sounds like you're getting mentally prepared for another blank at Wingham in a month's time old chap :D:P

Only joking :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Absolutely no need to joke, my only salvation is that Steve is over subscribed and i will only have my camera to shoot your dry net. :lol:

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Marvellous sentiments mate ...

That's what it's always been about for me... although I do need some reminding at times... Catching fish is a "Bonus" albeit a welcome one...

But there are still those that cannot see...

One morning when loading my lad (He was about 6 at the time) into his float tube and handing him his gear, he grabbed my arm and said "Hey Daddy... Look at that"

I was expecting to see rings on the surface of the water where some large fish had just jumped... but there was nothing... so I said "Look at what mate" ... he said, "The sunrise... Daddy... it's beautiful"...

From the mouths of babes...

Rob J

Palm Springs CA.

Show me someone who thinks they know everything...

I'll show you a fool...

Leave the area you fish... cleaner than it was before you got there !!!!

medwaygreen - you've been fishing long enough to be pretty sure that if you aren't catching, the fish where you are simply are not biting.

Newish folk can still worry about their baits, rigs, techniques.

While it is fun to be on the water, the anticipation of a bite certainly spices things up and if you begin to believe that you are doing something wrong that will prevent you having a chance at a fish, it does take much of the fun out of the whole thing.

I can certainly tolerate a blank but I cannot tolerate the idea of a bare hook because I want to at least have some odds of getting a fish.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President