Anyone had some good eels this summer?

Dave H

Not caught an eel for decades and i remember bootlaces being in pest proportions ,theres eels ofcourse everywhere but i have not had the misfortune to tangle with one since the 60's

Tell a lie the last one i caught was off pompey in the late 70's small eyes so not a mini conger ,about 4lbs turned into bait for real fish

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Don't like 'em at all, horrible nasty beasties. Had an 'accidental' catch on a local lake earlier this year on a prawn intended for perch - it went nearly 4 pounds, but it would seem that there may be monsters about ... or that may be past-tense ... i recently measured, photographed and a weighed bankside a section of eel I'd found ... just under twelve inches in length with the cross-section of a scaffold pipe, it weighed just an ounce short of two pounds ... and you don't get many eels that thick that are only a couple of feet long :-)