Maily for chesters1 and Andy_1984

corydoras

That bearded scotsman you posted on the deadly lamp does the same

Yes kind of. The thing I like about both of them is that they don't accept kit from manufacturers to test. In one of the Canadian guy videos he thanks all the peeps who have sent stuff to him to test because it allowed him to tell manufacturers to "eff riight off".

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I went to college at 42 ,what i thought i knew wasnt revelent in electronics and the city and guilds so difficult to get obselete now tubes are not in tv's

Now you need equiptment to suss out the problem and the circuit diagrams cost a fortune ,my 20meg scope is redundant now everything is on a chip

Mind you most repair types merely flow chart and replace whole boards ,component level is long gone

The spair part sellers are rip off merchants one quoted £60 for a pair of brushes or recommended a new motor ,i got them for £13 on ebay and the second pair for £4 because i then had a generic size

Never got further than sinclair basic i left programming to the ones that liked it

Not quite and if you are good at it the money is good too.

http://independentjobs.independent.co.uk/job/186802/electronics-pcb-test-engineer-technician/

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Not quite and if you are good at it the money is good too.

http://independentjobs.independent.co.uk/job/186802/electronics-pcb-test-engineer-technician/

Lots of experience fixing those the students were always frying them lol

Unfortunately unless they deliver its no good to me ,no car ,63 going on 64 not fixed a scope since 2001 and those the old tube types so i think i will be a long way down the list of prospects .

Money surprisingly low as well for a short term contract.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Yes kind of. The thing I like about both of them is that they don't accept kit from manufacturers to test. In one of the Canadian guy videos he thanks all the peeps who have sent stuff to him to test because it allowed him to tell manufacturers to "eff riight off".

Not like a well respected detector field tester ,he wont give a bad review as he works with the manufacturers so if its not mentioned its most probably crap.

I gave a bad review on a big detector forum and got banned ! And it was not as bad as you would think i merely mention from experience instead of making new machines they rebox the old ones which i know from 40:years of detecting to be true

Even the manager grudgingly admitted the special edition machine i bought in the 80's would beat any one since in depth

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Lots of experience fixing those the students were always frying them lol

Unfortunately unless they deliver its no good to me ,no car ,63 going on 64 not fixed a scope since 2001 and those the old tube types so i think i will be a long way down the list of prospects .

Money surprisingly low as well for a short term contract.

Good money for the times we are living in. Sixteen years ago one could have had £500 a day for for doing stuff like that. I knew chaps who were invoiciing £10,000 per month and netting £80,000 a year. Not any more, the bloody Labour Party and Dawn Primarillo put an end to all that.

I dont know i had a huge pay drop from being a head gardener going into the uni and electronics but was nudging that on homers the uni pay was dire but had prospects and a job for life but unfortunately it all fell apart on becoming homeless and i had to leave ,but thats a well told story

Unfortunatly i peaked to early 19 quid an hour company landrover and fuel and a 5 bed tied cottage for nowt ,now our complete council bungalow would fit in its living room lol

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

I keep meaning to try those arduino and Pi's. few times ive been wanting to do some tinkering and thought, a Pi would be handy. latest one was a solar & battery powered cctv motion camera feeding the video back to a Pi powered dvr over wifi. sure, I could buy a ready made system but wheres the fun in that.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• 1 month later...