One for the gardeners

S63

Unfortunately my mrs grew a sainsbury potato out of sight one year !i suspect thats the culprit ,blight spores last years in the garden .I sprayed every where and soaked all the trays and pots in jeyes fluid but its useless it doesnt even kill moss any more ?

Bought 10 litres of bleach for this winter that will stralise it all and the remaining will be sprayed everywhere ! Smelly but effective luckily we dont grow anything bar veg in the back garden but noticed today one melon in the greenhouse has blight ? .

The last tom is hanging on and the fruit ripening but its definately effected every plant was described as blight resistant i dont think your tesco one would survive

Hectic morning defrosted chest freezer and moved everything around in all 3 to fit an order from campbells meat (24 scots pies and 6 packs of sausages) and suddenly there was a knock and taylors meat delivery had come a day early (60 saveloys and 6 packs of assorted meat) half way through the vacuum machine suddenly stopped sucking ,an inspection revealed  a clip that holds the top shut had broken so i had to lean on the lid to finish the rest ? a bit of reinforcing should cure that poor design

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hmmm ,this is interesting

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0238148

You dont know how composts are produced today ,i spent a week as a youth filling in for a chap who steralised compost for a large (tiny today) salad producer .No brainer job all it was was keeping a fire going that heated a boiler which produced steam which was fed to a 10ft rotating tube (hinged lenghtwise held shut with clamps )half full of compost ,after an hour you tipped up the end and it all came out into a pit and then you stopped  the motor unclamped the tube and shovelled compost in and off it went again.

Anyway i noticed the compost i bought actually had a few weed seeds in which germinated (how many germinated before the sack was open and broke down?) So obviously theres no steralisation going on so it could harbour anything including blight spores .The treatment above could solve that problem and also if it's prolonged stop the spores landing in the soil to get passed on by splash

Googling it seems anything that worked has been banned ,you can make copper based stuff but anything more complicated has gone ,expect a potato famine soon !

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson