Hythe 21st August

S63

Made the thirty five mile trip to Hythe early doors this morning for a spot of lure fishing. Disappointed on arrival to find the water more coloured than I would like, only two bait anglers along the miles of beach which didn't inspire any confidence.

Spent the best part of a couple of hours chucking all sorts of lures without a touch, final throw of the dice was a red Gill attached to a Bombarda  which saved me a blank with a nice shiny garfish., often catch them here and never anywhere else.

7DE341A9-1B6D-4E58-9536-24E57A3F877B.thumb.jpeg.44e904c6025e9d931cd0870dabaa7077.jpeg

Always finish this trip with a coffee at my favourite beach cafe.

1FF4243D-87DE-4540-AC8B-7D629FCB5EAD.jpeg.e1e570592b872a4357cd979663d93193.jpeg

Edited by S63
Wrong spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tigger said:

Is that beach man made John?

Looks like it's manicured ?

No Ian, it's a pebble beach, all natural. They do have bulldozers come along once a year to put the pebbles and shingle back where they belong.

Oh, ok John, just looked a fake is all and i'm sure there are a few pebble beaches which are man made somwhere in the UK?

I know it's spain but as an example, I think the beach in benidorm is man made.  It's agritty sand and as there is no tide to speak of it doesn'st seem to be washed away.