Peterjg

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum.

Whereabouts in the UK do you fish? and what sort of venues do you prefer?

Keith

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

53 minutes ago, BoldBear said:

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum.

Whereabouts in the UK do you fish? and what sort of venues do you prefer?

Keith

I regularly fish the Kennet, Thames, K&A canal and lakes around Newbury, preferring quieter venues.

Welcome from me also Peter. I also really like roach, though I am a very unsuccessful roach angler! Until 6 years ago I lived in Newbury (Greenham) and was a member of Thatcham and Newbury angling socs. Doubtless you are aware the two main blogs on this site are from Newbury. Now I'm on the Thames near Wallingford where I've found it quite hard to adapt to a much wider river.

john clarke

On 11/25/2021 at 6:51 PM, Peterjg said:

I regularly fish the Kennet, Thames, K&A canal and lakes around Newbury, preferring quieter venues.

Back in the late 70s I used to fish the Kennet at and around Newbury and caught my very first Barbel there (see photo)

F1-A6-A076-2446-47-A2-AF5-D-D9-CCF0-F61-

I also fished the Kennet at Theale and Thatcham and Burfield plus the pits at Burfield for Pike during the winter months too.

We also had some nice big Roach from the Kennet while fishing for Barbel plus some superb Chub.

The Kennet used to be my favourite river back then however I haven’t fished the Kennet for many years now.

You fish a really nice river Peter, :thumbs:

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)