Wire Line....

KennyC

Kenny.

Wire is OK to use, as long as you`ve got a rod with heavy duty rollers!! The word `broomstick` springs to mind?

Alan. Good quality braid is the best bet, as long as you a use mono leader, plus a steel `rubbing` trace if neccessary? Mono is good for shallow depths or small tide flows. But get a bit of tide with a large bait on the business end?

You`ll soon be wishing you didn`t need 3lb of lead!!

:D Paul. :D

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Paul

totaly agree have usede wire quite a lot in the past get a rod designed for the job have used a daiwa 50lb powerlift all roller(definitely not a broomstick though) for about 8 years with no problems have replaced the tip roller, but that is to be expected another word of advice is use the rod you use for wire only for wire, as the rollers will groove to some extent which can trap mono.

But also remember that multistrand wire is only any use as pike traces IMHO.

use 50lb single strand stainless with 20ft of 40lb mono as a leader.

Having said all that the amount of times you need wire are few and far between(I only really use it on the kidney for blondes as probably the only ocassions I need to fish at anchor with strong tides)

Chappers!

Do you know how many piano`s you have to strip. To get enough wire to fill a reel?? Plus all them braized knots!!

Decent braid, and a good mono leader. Every time.

:P:P Paul. :P:P

Well my roller rod felt like a witches transport?

But we are talking 60ies.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!