Photo comp I have a suggestion.

Clifftop

my heart sank when I read this post,I have checked up and its been a year since I last entered this competition ,this has been due to all the flack I got for not posting my reasons after my last attempt at judging ,I have been lucky enough to win three times and for me the worst bit was the comments after I had chosen my favourites.I love taking photographs and have learnt a lot from everyone here,but I am not able to say technical reasons as to why I picked a picture other than I liked it.

You have all encouraged me and for this I'm grateful.

Judith

Aren't we all in this for the same thing - enjoying taking photos? That is the goal as far as I am concerned. It's a picture, that's all. If others like it, great, If not, no biggy. We all have reasons for showing our pictures here and ultimately, it's a nice little insight into others worlds/life etc. I enjoy every picture in here for what it is - a snapshot of some one else's life and what makes them tick.

Let's not make this competition thing too serious now. At the end of the day, we can all learn from other people's shots - a different perspective on taking photos. But let's not lose the overall perspective - themed or not - this is for fun.

Sermon over. :)

Edited by Westie

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judy, should you win again, you never know, then we will expect you to judge, but passing comment is voluntary! Seriously though, if you do comment then just say that you like it because you do. You must be blessed with an instinctive ability to be able to produce some of the charming pictures that you have posted. Different perspectives are great, we all learn by that. For the life of me I can't offer much in the way of technicalities in this digital age, or how to tweak with PhotoShop 8 or whatever. But I do hope that I am able to offer constructive comments that some might find helpful.

Den, re the little lady on the piano, I'll pass comment later, I think that I can justify my choice.

We seem to be going around in the same old circle, with the same old result.

One post is simply couteracted by the following post. Usually by the same people time after time.

There has however, been the odd flash of reason and compromise in this saga.

Thank you Newt, and Westie, and Judy.

I shall shorty be posting up a topic that will hopefully resolve this matter, which has now become somewhat tiresome.

Wiggly.

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Looking to the future, and considering what has been written, I really can't see an improvement over what we have. I have been involved in photographic clubs, portfolio clubs and the like for over thirty five years. You would think that I would be fed up with them by now, but whilst my eyesight remains intact I shall continue to enjoy pictures. One thing is clear though, there is no perfect judging system, just that some are better than others. Up to this moment in time I really don't think anyone has come up with a better system than what we have now.

What must be remembered is that we only have to please ourselves, pleasing others is bonus.

Re 'photo of the day', several forums have these, they all have a similar problem, overload. Subsequently, or so it seems, things slow down. Shame really.