Bass during the day??

thurso angler

Planning going beachcasting for some bass tonight, but have only got a few hours (7-11) to fish as girlfreind is finished work then, am i wasting my time does it have to be later than this from a beach??

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

evening and dusk i find are the best times hopefully you should hit it just right if they are there

tight lines mate

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

I was going to poss take my fly rod with me but i have no proper salt flies does anyone know of popular trout/seatrout patterns that will do??

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

You could find some inspiration by looking at MJB's topic "I should really be in bed".

Eh, get the girlfriend interested in fishing

or it will ruin the rest of your life A packet of those soapy throw away tissues help to keep the bait smell away from your hands etc

Throw away BBQ, 1/2 bottle of wine, stars in the sky, small wind break just in case etc etc.

On the first trip don't worry about the fish just concentrate on the lady, after that if managed correctly the world should be your Oyster :cool:

The above depends on your age, I have known and fished with lads who were dedicated anglers until they were 15'ish then discovered girls, they then discovered computers.

Fishing can be romantic given the rite circumstances as Sonja and I found out many years ago (red ants can be a problem though but thats another story).

Make it a date and share a hobby, my parents did and spent many a happy year fishing together.

Share the catching and the next day enjoy a slap up meal prepared together (and with friends) on the fish you have caught (no matter what the species of fish).

On the other hand, a few hours fishing is better than sitting in the pub or in front of the TV.

I wish you romance, fish and live life to the full.

Alan

[ 17. June 2005, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Alan Taylor ]

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

Guest stevie cop

Hello Thurso

Tide is more important than time. The bass will visit the area you will be fishing at some time during the tide. It's up to you to learn exactly when that will be, but once you've learnt, they will come back tide after tide at the same state. I don't think it's that important to fish at dawn or dusk, although sometimes the bigger fish will come in a little closer at those times. But if the bass visit your mark at, say, the first hour of the flood, you would be better fishing that hour at midday than you would fishing any other state of the tide at dawn or dusk.

As for flies. Anything that looks like a fish will catch bass! Any trout lures will do the job but maybe something with blue, black and silver would have the edge. Forget the nymphs!

Guest stevie cop

Ooh er missus! If that is the case Alan, perhaps I was a bit hasty ;o) I'd take the nymph just in case the bass don't want to play!