Kid's waterproof clothing

Desmundo

Desmundo:

Thanks, I'll try Veals. I've used them before but their ads, much like the other mail order companies, don't advertise kid's sizes. Surely there must be a huge market for this type of thing?

If there is a potential market, Veals will tap it, thats what they do very well and to the satisfaction to of lots of us. :)

I would still check out the yatching shops, more kids go with there parents on yatchs than fishing in foul weather.

I am having a problem with my spelling here, yatch, yots, yotting, yotching.

Wordbender where are you?

:confused:

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

When my son was six I kitted him out, life jacket, waterproofs, etc from the local chandlers. The gear was in stock and the same price as adult sizes.

I seem to remember something about a floatation suit in kids sizes being made now, I think it was by Mainstream or Regatta. In the penn catalogue the 2 piece suit is size 32 chest

Desmundo - if you get stuck, the US suppliers seem to have noticed that youngsters fish and hunt (shoot in UK terms I think) and sell gear sized and shaped for them. Ladies sizes and cuts too. Body design and proportions are enough different for kids and ladies that smaller men's sizes won't fit nearly as well as items designed for their users.

http://www.basspro.com and http://www.cabelas.com have quite a bit but if you don't see what you want at either of them, there are several sea-angling specialty firms that do good mail-order as well. Let me know if you need it and I'll search around for links.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest NickInTheNorth

Desmundo

Good luck with finding a flotation suit, your best bet will undoubtedly be a chandlers.

If you finish up going down the route of waterproofs / life jacket route then I promise you that you won't find better non-breathable waterproofs for children to about the age of ten (depending on height) than these.

My kids have just had there last lot replaced after 20 months of almost daily wear, they are still waterproof, and apart from one small hole in the lower leg of one of the bib'n brace sets (where it has rubbed against the top of a welly) they are still in perfect condition.

Unfortunately they have both outgrown them, and if one gets new ones the other has to!

They have used them for sliding down muddy hills! great fun. Paddling in the sea, boat trips, going to school in howling gales and torrential rain and snow, you name it they have stood up to it.

And they don't even pay me to promote them...