Trotting help

Norfolkdan

Hi Dan, sound advise from Steve, the only thing I would add is to make sure you have a floating line and carry some floatant with you to keep it floating, This helps you mend the line and stops it pulling out of position. Also aids the strike. Good luck with your efforts persevere and you will find this a truly satisfying way of fishing. Remember to feed every cast!

Norfolkdan:

Thanks guys.

Leon, very interesting read.

1 other question, how deep do you actually set your float when starting out? Is it easy to plumb in fast moving water, and do you want the bait right on bottom etc..

depends what level the fish are at, what i do is start shallow and work my way down until i drag bottom, then you know you are on the bottom(if you want to fish on the bottom)if you dont want to fish on the bottom then adjust it accordingly