Anglers Net Boat Trips - Electric Blue 2005

jabee

The guest house on Alderney is £32pppn I think.

Booked 1 double for Norma and Dave and then 2 twins so everyone is taken care of laid a £1150 pound deposit on.

I would be up for a days sharking too or there are plenty of tope around the island. We have fairly medium tides so could pretty much do a bit of everything, bassing, flatties on the banks, pollocking on the reefs and in the kelp (most of them go back ok)and some tope fishing. Might take the beach gear and have a day or a night off the shore.

I can get to Lymington pretty much anytime up until 11pm so will probably arrange it to coincide with your return to harbour

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gareth

I'll give you a call next week to arrange to meet you at the station (if a lift can't be arranged in the meantime). Where are you coming from?

PM me a mobile/contact number.

Cheers

John

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Cheers mate I will be coming from Brockenhurst way I will sort out a train later on they seem to be fairly regular every hour arrive at Lymington pier @ 1639 1739 1839 1939. So no problems will PM you my mobile.

Instead of bringing a box of tackle each and cluttering up the boat, how about I bring a box (maybe two) to cover us all -

Everyone then only need bring rods/reels and perhaps some scissors/clippers and a few other bits/bieces that fit in a pocket.

let me know if there's anything particular you want me to bring along.

Rob - can you ket me know if there is anything in particular we need to bring.

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Hi John

A very generous and space saving idea, perhaps if we brought along the bits you sugested plus trace wallets, they do not take up a lot of room.

I have sent you an e-mail regarding Lymington over night accomodation.

Sunday looks as if it may be a bream or smoothie type day due to weather fore cast. Will continue to keep a daily eye on it.

Really looking forward to it.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Ken

Yes for the crab if possible, thanks.

Can you PM me the e-mail - I won't be at home until very late tonight.

Question John,

When I caught that 13lb smoothie I used a peeler but left the hard back on, do they all have to be peelers?

If smoothies eat predominately crabs they would have to eat hard backs at sometime during the year.

Just a thought as we would need fifty baits per head. How many are we on the Sunday?

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Its generally not necessary to use peelers from the boat hermits or hard backs are generally ok.

The skipper usually will find you a large pack of hounds and then you drop down ontop of them. When in a big pack they are generally competing hard and will pick up virtually anything.Its from the shore when they may not be directly infront of you and then you have to use the scent of the peeler to draw the fish in, when there are large packs in front of you from the shore they pretty much take anything and I suspect thats when you hear of them being caught on rag and squid etc.

Have a word with the skipper I'm sure he will be able to get you some hermits.

Good luck chaps,whish I was coming, still only 3 weeks til Alderney