Anglers Net Boat Trips - Electric Blue 2005

jabee

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard Ken

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Thanks for the pic lads, I don't often get a pic of me and the fish.

Posted Image

Not a bad ending to my first Smooth Hound trip :D:D even if I do say so myself, totally chuffed.

[ 11. June 2005, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: Ken Davison South Wales ]

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• 2 weeks later...

Alderney trip

It looks like I am going to have to come down on the train so do you think someone could possibbly pick me up from the pier station ? Are some of you fishing on the Sunday ?, if so then I will get down after you return.The journey is only an hour and a half but do you think someone could bring a few spare leads for me to help keep my travelling weight down.

Have we any final figure on the cost of the boat and the accomadation in Lymington.

Also do we have any sort of game plan sorted ie. wrecking on the way over or just head straight for the island etc. As we have falling medium tides do we intend to have a mixture of fishing whilst there or spend all our time bassing.(just trying to work out what gear to bring.

Finally Paul how much is the deposit for Dartmouth I will bring that with me too.

Cheers

Gareth

Gareth

Paul, Ken, myself and three other ANers down for the day are fishing Sunday. You are booked into the same B&B in Lymington as Paul, Dave and Norma on the Sunday night before we leave and the Friday night we return (£25 per night) Ken and I not sorted yet - he may end up at his inlaws and I may end up in the car for the night yet :D . Cost of the boat for the five days is £346 each. I believe you've booked B&B on Alderney - not sure of cost so can you confirm for us.

Game plan is to do as we feel - certainly won't be bassing every day - hoping for plenty of variety. Probably best to head straight over on the Monday morning and go wrecking on the way back).

I'll bring plenty of leads so don't worry about those. What time will you be in Lymington on Sunday?

[ 26. June 2005, 02:16 AM: Message edited by: jabee ]

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Quite agree John. Certainly not bassing every day! Waste of time? A couple of big flat things on board would be welcome, plus a pandoras bream of course.

If you treat us right, we`ll let you try your new rod out on them sharky things. :D:D

Also, no point in wrecking on the way over unless we`re going to keep everything. I hate throwing pollack etc back with their swim bladders/stomachs hanging out of their mouths.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

spasor:

If you treat us right, we`ll let you try your new rod out on them sharky things. :D:D

Wouldn't mind a days sharking if every one else is game Paul. Which new rod? If it's the one Norrie's test driving this weekend, I suspect I've seen the last of it :D

If it's the new rod I had with me last week, I decided I didn't like it very much - too short for one thing - result is I've begun major surgery on it too see how the handle is made up and see if I can lengthen it - Shhh, don't tell mum though

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."