Newbie SeaFisher

TeAl

Need a reply ASAP as I'm heading down to cornwall for holiday and have decided to try some fishing (only trouble is I'm leaving later on tonight :o )

Anyway what fish can I expect to catch from the beach - will be buying all the gear from a shop down there which I recceed out last time, he reckoned the beach (south coast england) was pretty good. Any tips and advice ? No doubt I'll scan him for knowledge but any general heads up much appreciated!!

Cheers

TeAl

Well I left before I had a chance to read any replies appears I didn't miss much though. I would have thought you would have been trying to encourage a new person into the sport...

Anyway I caught 2 seabass, I put one back but the others lunch today - they weren't huge, the larger one (which I kept) was 17" long. I caught them on lugworm - tried sandeel but no success at all..

TeAl

[ 11. July 2003, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: TeAl ]

You may have left your original posting a bit on the late side mate, given that you were away in a few hours. Well done on the Bass though. You'll find plenty of great fishing to be had around the coasts of NI and Eire. The place is littered with marks :)

If you have any further queries then feel free to ask, but it can take a few days to get an answer as most of us are unfortunately juggling our working lives with our fishing

[ 11. July 2003, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: SandTiger ]

Sunday is by far the slowest day on here. Everyone out fishing maybe?

And since you said you were leaving shortly after your post, it seemed silly to offer suggestions when you wouldn't be around to read them.

Glad you caught a couple and as noted by Sandtiger, give it a couple days lead time and you'll get good general advice and location-specific if anyone is familiar with where you plan to fish.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President