Bass Rods?

ShoreDemon

Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up a 'bass rod' for surf fishing. Fed up with OTT beachcasters when I'm in the surf after the silver beauties. Spinning outfit just isn't up to the tide and churn. So I'm looking for a 'bass' rod.

Specs: 11' - 11'6", up to 4oz cast weight, no more. Stiffish tip, but nice bend too. Light to hold. Is it possible to get such a rod??

I was thinking of the Shimano Technium bass rod, anyone got one? Maybe the cheaper Daiwa Vulcan bass rod, but is cheaper nastier? Any others???

All suggestions much appreciated.

Neil.

Neil Foley:

Hi all,

Specs: 11' - 11'6", up to 4oz cast weight, no more. Stiffish tip, but nice bend too. Light to hold. Is it possible to get such a rod??

I was thinking of the Shimano Technium bass rod, anyone got one? Maybe the cheaper Daiwa Vulcan bass rod, but is cheaper nastier? Any others???

All suggestions much appreciated.

Neil.

Hiya Neil,

How about using a pike deadbait rod???

I use the Drennan Pike Deadbait rod's for Pollack, Spurdog and Thornies.. even managed a 25lb Common skate on it :)

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Neil Foley:

Cheers Davy,

What's the general price range on these pike rods? Middle range preferable, not 24 carat types nor cheap summer holiday ones either   :)  

Neil.

I know mine were £110.00 about 10 years ago, but I'm sure you would be able to pick them up second hand if you looked.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Never used one but im told carp rods hold up well. I use a 9' normark spinning rod, it landed a 15lb er so cant be too bad!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Neil?

Give Julian Shambrook (Torquay) a ring. He won`t bullshit you. Just try to sell you one of his rods? He`s on the net somewhere.

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

berkley makes a tech series that will throw more than 4 oz.good reaction tip but solid back bone.we use them mainliy for bar fishing the fraser sping salmon.i have landed a 238 pound sturgeon with out killing these rods.diawa also makes good gear.but you might want to look into stcroix.very versatile.loomis is a nother rod that is very usable.

I used to have a Spindrift Bass rod by B James until I was burgled. It was rated to cast up to 3.5 oz. I don't know if they are still around. They were tied up with Bruce and Walker I think.

Used it off Chesil Beach and around most Dorset beaches with an ABU 5000C and 8-10 lb line as well as from boat. It had a nice stiff tip all right and cast a 1 oz ABU Krill a long way.

See you all on September 22nd. http://www.march-info.org

Jim Roper

[ 27 May 2002, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net