End of the Tope?

Ian Burrett

Guest stevie cop

You'd be surprised at how many people don't even like rock eel. I'm talking about proper rock eel too, ie, spotty dogs, huss and spurdog. Tope and smoothound aren't very nice to eat at all, and I don't think that there will ever be a market for them in this country.

Having said that, the illegal immigrants in London eat plenty of roach, bream, carp, etc, etc, that they catch from the stinking ponds in the parks. So maybe they would eat it. Can't see them paying for it though!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevie cop

Just keep Jamie Oliver away from Tope, that's all! It's his fault that Bass became fashionable in fancy restuarants.

Steve Coppolo:

Just keep Jamie Oliver away from Tope, that's all! It's his fault that Bass became fashionable in fancy restuarants.

Hi Steve

Jamie Oliver said in a tv programme recently "that the British housewife should give fish like Cod a rest and eat Pollack and Tope"

I rather eat him, after bringing him to the boil very slowly.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Steve, and from what I gather from the news at the moment some of the imergrants that belive in whiches are eating each other, even tope probably tast better than that.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!