this weather

Armarnold

could do with it settling on something really, all this change is making things a litlle tricky,, this weekend looks great with temperatures between 3c and -1c & 29 mph winds! :D , i think i'll venture out anyway,,, does anyone who knows the place reckon that MKF match lake will have a sheltered spot somewhere to get out of the bluster????

oh well, fair weather anglers never catch much anyway..im gona have to be brave :P

Edited by Armarnold

Maybe this coming cold spell will mean that Mr Roach will be shoaling up, and that Mrs Pike will be on the feed? :)

thats an inspiring thought, but ive kinda got my heart set on baggin up a few carp and bream, might be a losing fight but im going whatever the weather!, can always go home if its a snow blizzard! :P ,

Edited by Armarnold

It's going to be hard, make no mistake about that! But if you wear the right clothes there's no reason not to have a good day. The countryside often looks its sparkling best in the first crunch of winter.

Short sessions may well be the way to go and if you start feeling really cold, go home and have a curry :)

If you're carp fishing, you can still catch if there are good numbers of smaller fish. I used to do a bit of winter carping and used to catch a fair few (mid-double size) by fishing small, bright, fuity boilies with a little PVA bag of groundbait and crushed boilies, over-flavoured with fruity flavouring (pineapple, tutti fruity, etc.) cast really tight to snags. If it's cold but sunny, fish shallow water, not deep.

Pike should be on the menu, if you can find the roach shoals!

Roach - who knows...? :D

Grayling and trout will always feed, as will chub. The perch may have been hit pretty hard by the sudden drop in temps, but if the venue is deep enough you can still catch them.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It's going to be hard, make no mistake about that! But if you wear the right clothes there's no reason not to have a good day. The countryside often looks its sparkling best in the first crunch of winter.

indeed, i think those sunny winter mornings, with ground frost are amongst the most asthetically pleasing of the whole year...

thanx for the adivce ;)