another skate from a kayak

bid4fishing

We had a bit of excitement on Saturday at the Spurdog Tagathon on Loch Sunart. Heading out on our Kayaks towards Laga Bay we hooked up to a buoy. In strong winds and lashing rain I had great difficulty in following Paul on his Dorado. At one point i was going backwards for 10 minutes while paddling my socks off. I had to pull into a small Island and wait till the gusts of wind died down before i headed out and tied up to pauls kayak.

The wind and rain was relentless and felt like i was out at open sea. Anyway after a long day catching spurs, thornbacks and a couple of dozen of doggies we were getting ready to pack up as the light was almost gone. As i reached for my rod it buckled over and did a full 180 around the kayak. I only had time to hold on for a minute as it made mince meat of my spurdog rig. Paul reacted quickly and got another big bait in the water. Within 3 minutes it was on and a tug of war ensued for about 15 minutes. At this time it was dark and it was bucketing down with rain. I was bobbing up and down and by this time and drifting free from paul. I only had one pass to get the photograph as Paul released the skate from his kayak and it was very blurred. Unfortunately due to the extreme weather Shauns photos of the skate did not come out either.

Next time im taking a proper skate rig with me.

If Paul is active on this forum he will add his story.

skate.jpg

Mad!!!! :o

:)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE