expandable pellets...

PhilZenith

Hi guys,

Im toying with the idea of trying out expandable pellets for the first time this summer.

Just wanted to know what is the chosen way to fish with them.. is it ledgering or float fishing?

Im predominantly a "float" fisherman myself.

Saying that, i tried out "float ledgering" for the first time at the weekend and caught my biggest ever fish to date! (nothing special but it was to me!)

I used a method feeder filled with maggots instead of using a bomb or ssg weight and used two AA shot weights under the waggle float to cock it.

Reason why im saying all this is because i want to try different baits that wont always attract the "smaller fish" like maggots do.

Are pellets the answer for a float fisherman as a hook bait or should i go for chopped worm?

WTV

I like to feed expanders but fish a skinned hooker pellet as hookbait as these withstand casting far better then the expanders. I'll use expanders on the hook when pole fishing though.

Pellet can be an excellent bait, but then so's worm, it realy depends on the water and even the day.

Will

Soft expander pellets are an excellent bait.

They leak of a good scent but most importanly they have semi neutral / neutral bouancy.

They can be used for pole or short range float work with ease. If you need to cast them a distance just add some gelatine to your water and use a pellet pump to suck it into the pellet.

This gives you a rubbery pellet that will withstand casting.

PS a pellet pump is by far the best way to prepare all expander pellets.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!