Line for Trotting

dancollins50

Hi Has any one tried the new Ultima Flo Cast Line for trotting.Or what mono line can the members recommend for the Centrepin. tight lines Dan

Ive put some good old Bayer perlon on mine as i wanted something i could trust being new to a pin and I'm not unhappy with it. I think the main thing is its needs to float and not tangle for fun.

Edited by lutra

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Hi Has any one tried the new Ultima Flo Cast Line for trotting.Or what mono line can the members recommend for the Centrepin. tight lines Dan

yes i've used it for a couple of years now ,its a very smooth casting line ,with good line pick up ,it does have a little stretch built in ,and its pink..... oh and it floats dame good

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

I tend not to worry too much what line I'm using for trotting as long as its not really cheap (avoid high tech per streched line for main line, as it wont stretch on the strike as much and you risk a break off) The dawia sensor bulk spools are good value and I've never had a problem using it in the last number of years.

Make sure you use some silicon spray on the line on the spool of the reel to help it float and reduce friction, this I've found does help.

Drennan float fish as mentioned above is stated as the best line for float fishing by many anglers, so I'd guess they are probably right, although I'm a cheap skate so daiwa sensor for me!

Simon

I've gone off Floatfish (despite recommending it several times on here before), it has terrible memory and after a while on a pin it end up all curly, making trotting pretty annoying. I've recently started using some great stuff, bought from my local shop. I'd never heard of it before and can't remember what it's called! Something like 'xenon'. It floats like a beauty and doesn't retain any memory. Apparently it's coated with silicone, making it extra smooth through the rod rings!

I'll dig out the name and put it here - it's a bit pointless recommending something if I can't tell you what it's called :rolleyes:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've gone off Floatfish (despite recommending it several times on here before), it has terrible memory and after a while on a pin it end up all curly, making trotting pretty annoying.

That's the beauty of bulk spools of Sensor, you can bin it after every trip and spool up with nice new stuff. The bulk spools are small enough to put in your bum bag or tackle bag and if you loose any ammount of line leaving you with an uncomfortably small ammount left on the spool, just spool up with fresh again. Anderoo give it a try bud, I think you'll like it. It's only 6 0r 7 notes so not expensive. :thumbs: