Which bulk casting line?

A Norfolk Boy

Having nearly got through a kilo spool of 15lb line in the last 3 years (about 9000m)I'm looking to get some more. I get through a lot as snagging at distance is common.

It will need to be not too expensive, 15lb/0.35mm, brightly coloured and hopefully a continuous length (linked spools if necessary) or of a spool length that will economically fit my reels.

This last lot was from UK Hooks and seemed pretty good but I was wondering what anybody else may use? Jims has a good selection and I've noticed Marsh tackle do the penn stuff at £6 though this is as much as I want to pay.

try this one guys

http://www.jims-mail-order.co.uk

i buy ultima distance the yellow one six spools to a box £24 one spool fills a 6500 three times to the top. five if you use backing line as not many of us can cast as far as paul kerry eh!

great value and ultima distance is very good co-polymer line. :)

Ultima Red Ice for me.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

A Norfolk Boy:

Stan, I'd checked that out. Is the .35/ 15lb actually 15lb or 7, 8 kg? Do you think it has a lot less stretch than other lines?

co-polymers have a very controlled stretch, iuse the 15lb from rocks onto sandy bottoms it takes a good beating.

works for me!! :D:D

just read your first post again seeing you had already noted jims!! doh! i also think you are right saying that ultima is stronger than stated breaking strain, i use bimini twist leaderknots it takes a hell of a lot to break out.

superb line for little money what more can i say,

cheers jim :D:D

[ 29. April 2005, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: stan ]