A few hours at Passies yesterday

natty

Yesterday I went for a short session at Passies Ponds and arrived to find only two other anglers on the lake. They both said it had been very quiet and neither had had any action.

I set up in a swim away from the main section of the lake, I chose this area because it is less pressured than the other areas and there were plenty of features to cast to.

The view from my bivvy:

IMG_0057.jpg

I wasted no time in quickly setting up both rods and casting out a couple of small PVA bags of various flavoured Carp Vader pellets and I hair rigged a single 6mm Polar Ice pellet on one rod and a single 6mm Breamax pellet on the other rod.

As I was setting up the rod rests, one of the rod tips started knocking up and down while laying on the floor, my strike was met with breamy resistance, unfortunately after a few seconds it came adrift.

I had to wait another 35 minutes before I recieved a bite on the Breamax rod cast to a channel, it turned out to be a nice bream of a couple of pounds. As I was returning it, the other rod let out a few bleeps and a minute or so later I was returning another bream, this time slightly larger than the last one.

The action continued at this sort of rate for the next 3 hours and I landed several more bream all betwen 1lb and 3lb. All though it was only bream coming along, it was still nice to have a bit of action on light tackle, while the 2 other carpers still hadn^t had a bleep with their 15lb line and strong rods.

The average size of the bream:

bream-1.jpg

I had reeled in one of my rods when something swam off with my 6mm Polar Ice pellet, it put up more resistance than the bream and I was hopeful of a large roach or a nice chub, instead an out of season tench popped up. Although not what I was hoping for it was still a nice end to a very chilly tough days fishing.

My final fish - a winter tench:

tench-1.jpg

Always look forward to your posts natty, and a decent days fishing by the looks of things.

Well Done Pal.

P.S How did you photograph yourself with the fish?

Tripod and camera timer?

Mitch