Great day

Anthony78

Anthony, ear plugs were in place cos the woman was there. She moaned like hell so, Ant 78 said. "ok you win, I'll put the bloody thing on the hook if you like!!!!!" The rest is history.

a fish,a fish, my kingdom for a fish

Hi chaps, thanks for the posts.

I caught one at just over 10lb earlier in the day on a popped up halibut boilie but it didnt look bright enough,I had some earplugs because I usually use them for cutting up and adding to sweetcorn rigs to pop them up and thought id give it a try. glad I did now. The best thing about it is that I'd been watching this fish swim past me again and again picking off a few dog biscuits that had floated through my peg and then swimming off so I watched his patroll route and dropped my earplug in ready for when he came back. It was brilliant to see him circle the plug and then take it and start shaking his head. brilliant day! Roll on next week when Ill be going again, Shame the girlfriend has to work

Effort equals reward!!

I had done the most regrettable thing at work today. I took some yellow ears plugs from the dispenser today ready for this weekend carp fishing :D

I wish they change the colour to brown so it's looklike an overgrown halibut pellets :D:D

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

You taking the wife with you the weekend then :D

There great for holding flavours too, just give them a squeeze and drop them in to the required liquid.

good luck for the weekend matey.

Effort equals reward!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not a Great Day.

Went to Stubbs Pool yesterday, caught nothing. The water is lime green colour. The bottom of the lake is stony and covered in weed, my bait just disappeared into this out of sight of any fish.

And there are indeed fish, plenty of them, lots of big carp swimming past just under the surface at 30 knots. I do not believe there is one other species in the lake because I tried maggotts as well at all depths and even the maggotts were bored at the lack of action.

One more thing, there is a very long drive down a rutted farm track, through two gates, to get there and if you escape with your car's exhaust system intact you will be lucky.

I am beginning to hate carp and long for June 16th.

[ 18. May 2005, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Gobio ]

MY local lake is looking like that at the moment, dull, greenish and well..... crap to fish. The mud surrounding the bank is infested with duck crap, cant ait till the ol' rivers start to open again!