A-N Virus - Dont Panic

Andy_1984

i keep trying to get on to the non fishing chat section of A-N but gets terminated by nod32, Unix/OWR.B Virus

see image here http://www.propertym.co.uk/andy_private/an_unix.jpg

this is from my log:

Scanner: HTTP filter	Object: archive	http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Fishing-Chat-f8.html	UNIX/Owr.B virus	connection terminated	Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

not trying to scare anyone it could be a problem with my nod32's latest virus definitions but to be safe ill send to mods to check it out perhaps someone has attached a virus to a post deliberatly or without knowing

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

No problem your barred. :D

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I'm using NOD32 antivirus, and having no problems accessing non-fishing chat.

Try renewing your cache (CTRL/Refresh) before clicking on the link.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I've had a few terminations of my browser sessions in the last week or so. I emailed elton about this one this morning.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

didnt work leon, tried several ways of clearing cache, cookies, session data but nothing

when i click on the "last post" link on the main forum page i get no problems, seems to be only the main page for non fishing chat

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

didnt work leon, tried several ways of clearing cache, cookies, session data but nothing

when i click on the "last post" link on the main forum page i get no problems, seems to be only the main page for non fishing chat

Perhaps it only occurs when using Firefox.

Try using Internet Explorer (Yes I know, but sometimes you have to :) )

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Likewise

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Perhaps it only occurs when using Firefox.

Try using Internet Explorer (Yes I know, but sometimes you have to :) )

I get the same message with IE. This is the version of the NOD32 detectionrules I am using at the moment

http://www.eset.eu/podpora/aktualizacia-3656?lng=en