Fishbites

Elton

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Roper:

This definitely seems to be the sort of thing that Alan Taylor should be selling!!

LOL! His was the first name that came into my head when I saw the stuff! :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Not sure if the fishbites.com folks will ship to the UK. I noticed they mentioned having just added Canada and Puerto Rico to their possible ship-to locations.

I ordered mine from http://www.eangler.com/eangler/index.asp but checked today and they are now out of stock on all the varieties they carry. I sent an email to them asking when they expected more and if they would ship to the UK. Will post back with the info.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I am a Felixstowe boy and now living in the states. I’m involved with Fishing Innovations. I have had a lot of friends come over from the UK and when they ask what bait do we use, I hand them a packet of Fishbites. The answer is the same. What, why or how? After they use it and see it catch fish they then say, “Why is it not sold in the UK?” Ask Dave from Breakaway, Ipswich. He has fished with me and used it. I think Jimmy deserves your support and the product is worth a shot. The product will fish longer than conventional baits and that is one key to it’s success. You can cast it a long way without damage to the presentation. Hope this doesn’t sound too spammy. Regards, Nickaway

Nick Meyer.

Breakaway USA. TX.

Breakawayusa.com or Nickaway.com

PS. Picture of Dave Brown from Breakaway Ipswich fishing Texas.

http://www.nickaway.com/images/Backgrounds...ds/Davebull.jpg

Nick - first off, welcome to the forum,

Next, since the thread is about the stuff, you just added info to what people wanted to know so not any sort of spam at all.

Lastly - do you ever do any carp fishing? One of the largest regional matches (and I think the only one in a team format) in the US is held in Austin every year in March. The picture Here of the largest carp caught by a CAG member in the US in 2002 was a Texas fish.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt,

Thanks for the welcome. I specialize in surf fishing and long casting. However, I do travel throughout the USA. The carp fishing is growing over here and I understand that on the East Coast, South Carolina, they hold some large cash tournaments. When I tell most fishermen of the Carp craze in the UK they don’t understand it as over here it is considered a common fish. I think part of the problem might be that you can get into some big game fish pretty easy in this part of the world. They also have an excellent State Fishing and Hunting management scheme where they release millions of game fish per year. The fishing license in Texas provides the cash for stoking game fish and policing. If any of those UK boys get to Austin Texas, tell them to look me up, (I enjoy the humor.) Corpus Christi. US phone # 361 949 8083. If you would like any help trying to get to fish in Texas, just send me an E-mail and I will try to hook you up.

Regards, Nickaway

Jim,

The shelf life of Fishbites is nearly infinite provided you follow a couple of simple rules.

No special storage is required while you fish with it...you can keep the bag in your shirt pocket or tackle box with no worries. If however you know that you won't be fishing for days or weeks...simply keep the Fishbites ziplock bag sealed tight and in a cool place.

If you keep the bag in a hot car for a prolonged period of time, the colors will fade. While this has NO affect on the active ingredients (smell/taste) ... most anglers would like to preserve the color as best they can for future use.

I hope this answers your questions...

Tight lines and safe journeys to all!!

[ 21. June 2003, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: mrmike ]

mrmike - welcome to you as well.

Sounds like the stuff will go over well in the UK if it performs half as well as the folks over here have found.

I'm hoping the guys at e-angler here in NC pay attention to my email telling them they need to get more stock. Should tell em something that they are sold out of all three color/flavors they list. :D

Nick - I know the really serious fresh water TX anglers like b@$$ but those ole boys just don't know what they are missing. I do mostly catfish and carp and a dedicated flathead guy calls a 10lb largemouth bait. :D

[ 21. June 2003, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

Looks like mrmike is the person for any would-be UK distributors to contact.

Alan Taylor is staying very quiet!!!!!!

[ 21. June 2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net