Guess the barbel invention ..

GlennB

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Lee,

Had Tessa Jowell's Labour group cronies (Working Hard For Dulwich) knocking on my door today. One of them saw the rods stacked up just inside the door, hissed and covered his eyes with a cloak. Only when I held a crucifix up in front of me and waved a string of garlic would they go away, Do you think I have cause to be concerned ?

regards

Worried of Dulwich

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Dear Gerry,

Ah, the Dulwich Covern. I've heard of those.

Last week someone in Grantham threw a pale of holy water over a labour activist from a first floor window sending him hissing and melting all the way up Spitlegate Level to the crypt, and sanctuary.

The crucifix or garlic doesn't work on Grantham covern members as they've become immune. However, even these most dastardly drones dare not venture out into the surrounding rural fields and country communities for fear of eggs and the Countryside Alliance. Eggs melt fat labour vamp blokes apparently and CA membership cards have replaced the crucifix.

Move into the countryside Gerry for total safety. There, the labour blood suckers are dead as DoDo's.

Regards,

Lee.

No offence Trent but….If the book had been 'crap' (in your honest opinion) :rolleyes: ...would you have done the same by broadcasting it everywhere?.. I think not because Steve would sue you by the balls, considering the book is not on sale yet! A reviewer also has to gain respect and trust before people believe. What might look good to some, it may seem rubbish to others.

All you have done is hype it down our throats, here, there and everywhere and tried to sell the book with an unknown ‘invention’ and without a proper review of any substance. I think you may have convinced some people, but I believe the more open minded are not silly and are very sceptical. It is mentioned else where, that the book is a trilogy/compilation of the previous ones with some extra bits added. Is this true? Personally, and again with no offence to Steve, who is not having his say in the posts, i believe Tony Miles, Trefor West, Fred Crouch, John Bailey, Nick Giles, John Wilson, The Barbel Catchers, Pete Reading, Guy Robb, Andy Orme, Brian Dowling, Peter Wheat, Peter Stone, W.J Howes; to name a few who have written books, chapters and articles on barbel, they are, no doubt, in a totally different league with superior experience and more factual writings… Ray

[ 15. April 2005, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: RollingPinBoy ]