Guess the barbel invention ..

GlennB

Dear Dave,

The very first question I asked Steve once he showed me the thingmy was, "Who else has seen this?" He replied sternly, "Absolutely no one, you are the first".

Therefore, given this, I very much doubt you will be catching cats before the book gets released. Afterwards? I've got a sneaking feeling that the owners of Steve’s new book won't be that enthusiastic about letting on until they at least give Steve’s thingmy a good going over first. And when they start catching, I bet they won't be so eager to let on to tight blokes like you that won't buy a copy!! :D:D:D

I've even come up with a possible application for lure fishing concerning Steve’s invention. Blimey! I've just realised that a lure modified with Steve’s thingmy will probably catch barbel!!! Now all I have to figure out is how to get rid of that nasty treble hook so the lure behaves naturally.

Double blimey!! I’ve just realised this is going to revolutionise Pete Waller’s fishing too!!! Crumbs. There will be no living with him now

And if you are reading this Steve, I bet you didn't think about a "lure" application?? I'll explain in private OK.

Andrew,

I've emailed Steve about your inquiry OK.

Regards,

Lee.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You buy 125 copies, send five each to twenty five other people who each send you the cost of the books plus a tenner. Then.......am I getting warm Lee ? Now thats an idea... where did I put the CA telephone number :D

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Dear Gerry,

Now thats an idea????

Dave and the sad orchestra,

If everyone follows your example, anglers will club together to save money thus gleaning Steves invention cheaper than going it alone. But; Given angling's numbers, it won't be long before Steve sells out of all books printed in its first run.

He could therefore ask no more of an adoring public. Miserably tight as they might be. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

And is it true that Dave Lumb wrote his lure fishing book all about the one purchased lure in his collection?? :P:P

Regards,

Lee.

If it hadn't been me, Lee it would have been someone else. After all, when I put my book on CD I knew it would get bootlegged... :rolleyes:

To be honest, Lee, I haven't read much of Stayner's stuff, but what I have seems to cut out the cr@p that is so much of what I have read about barbel fishing. And I admire his publishing style and marketing. Good luck to him, I'm sure this book will do as well as his others no matter what I might joke about.

The funny thing is that I intended buying a copy... until you started hyping it up. :rolleyes: But I just can't see how you can make barbel any easier to catch. Surely they're the most gullible fish that swims? Even pike make barbel look dumb! :P

Dave

dlstsig.png

Dave Lumb:

Surely they're the most gullible fish that swims? Even pike make barbel look dumb! :P

Dave Lumb - still sadly missed at the Diplomatic Corps.

Ooh, you've been an' gorn an' done it now, Dave.

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.