WARRIER VERSES EXPLORER

sam-cox

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevie cop

I agree, some of the Orkney boats are very wet! My old Longliner was terrible for spray coming over the top when heading into sloppy seas. But I never once felt unsafe in it. It handled all conditions extremely well and was often the last one to make a run for it when things got a bit rough. No problems with the arse end being pushed around either, unlike the many Warriors that were in our club.

I've never been out on any of the bigger Orkney day anglers, but I've heard that they are excellent too.

Thev Explorer does through the spray well away from you, even when head on.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Hi Sanctuary, Sorry new to BB thought replying by email would appear on here did not see reply /posting section at bottom of page.

As I explained in my mail I was interested in you posting? (As the saying goes I know a chap who knows a bloke who works for explorer who says they are a cheaper version of the warrior . I do know that at last years boat show they exhibited near warrior boats and got slated for the difference in finish between the two, so may be they took this on board and have improved their quality control )Explorer was at 2 boat shows last year Go Fishing & Southampton Boat show. At both shows all customers on the Explorer stand had the key selling points of the Elite explained which in the main are based on quality and design. All potential customers were then sent to our main competitor’s stands to view their boats at both shows Explorer Boats were informed by the organisers that they had the highest declared sales in this type of boat. You state that "YOU KNOW" that at last years boat show Explorer were slated for the finish of the Elite I asked in my mail if could validate this comment and explained that I know Explorer have never been slated on quality and finish and explained that I can validate my statement because "I OWN THE COMMPANY". I do not wish my post to be regarded as a rebuke to your posting only to explain that when a comment such as the above is made you should be in a position to validate it as it could mislead other members in to believing it is the truth! The Elite is built to the same quality standard today as it was when the first Elite were built. Don't take my word for this read the reports written by Dave Lewis & Mike Thrussel Explorer Boats has a reputation for quality and finish second to none.

I noted a number of postings that it is similar to a Warrior 165 if you put the 2 boats together you would immediately see that it is superficial only. No part of the Elite is the same as Warrior 165 both boats will have their strong points that a purchaser likes and he will buy a boat based on his personal taste as he should. I look forward to a healthy dialogue on this subject.

Tight Lines

Brian

:cool:

[ 06. February 2005, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Fastbass ]

Thanks Fastbass we can all participate in your reply.

I have no Axe to grind in this debate as I do not own either boats or company's. I am how ever looking to move up from my present boat to a boat of the type made by you and warrior.

I am a member of a boat club that means I have a range of comments to choose from based on the knowledge of people who's only bias is the boat they own be it warrior or explorer. In that capacity I passed on the comments of others be it right or wrong its down to the comments I have heard IE As the saying goes I know a chap who knows a bloke who works for explorer who says they are a cheaper version of the warrior .

As regards my comments re the slating of the finish of warrior boats this was from members who had gone to the show (not the latest one ), one of who later placed his order for a new boat with warrior because of the better quality finish of the warrior (his words not mine)a boat that he has recently took delivery of.

I went on to say "so may be they took this on board and have improved their quality control" but as you have informed us this was not the case as in your own words " The Elite is built to the same quality standard today as it was when the first Elite were built"

As regards your further comment "Don't take my word for this read the reports written by Dave Lewis & Mike Thrussel Explorer Boats has a reputation for quality and finish second to none"

if you have read many of the post re magazine articles written by "experts" who are payed to review such things many on here are not impressed by such "advertorials"

I only have my fellow boat owners experiences to go by and in my club warrior boats are more highly rated than explorer, which can be seen by the number of new boats that appear at the club which at the moment are warrior boats.

I will however keep an open mind on the subject now after your comments which I suppose can be seen as progress on your part.

Guest stevie cop

Fastbass.

I like your boats very much ;o) (see my earlier post) I would be very happy to trial one for a year and then write a comprehensive review of how good they are! (Tongue lodged firmly in cheek!)