Attaching A Smartcast To A Bait Boat

Elton

quote:

But why pick on one gadget & not the other????

Well, IMO, a Smartcast is an additional aid to locating features whereas a bait boat takes away the need to be able to cast and bait accurately which is surely where a lot of satisfaction is gained in this sport of ours.

wolf.gif

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rabster, why should it be a case of "accept them all" or "accept none"? What is wrong with evaluating innovations individually?

I'm with Severn Wolf on this one.

Besides, bait-boats are naff! I've a theory that bait-boat users are actually closet-case caravan enthusiasts...

I'm sorry. I'm a bit old fashioned. I can't see the point of fishing to where I cannot cast. If I can't cast there, am I certain to be able to control a fish there?

As far as a smartcast is concerned, I would sooner plumb and plot my own swim. To me it's part of the excitement.A smartcast only offers a snapshot of a specific moment anyway.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Hey, Mr Gibbinson

Quote "I've a theory that bait-boat users are actually closet-case caravan enthusiasts..."

I've got a bait boat, and come to mention it a motor caravan aswell,LOL :D only joking with you Jim.

But I have got both to be honest, in the right circumstances I feel a bait boat is not a problem, disability being the main one, this I feel sure is the same view as most people will have.

Quote by Severn Wolf, "Well, IMO, a Smartcast is an additional aid to locating features whereas a bait boat takes away the need to be able to cast and bait accurately which is surely where a lot of satisfaction is gained in this sport of ours."

I use a bait boat, but I don't belong to the chuck and chance it brigade. I use a marker float to find features etc, cast in the normal manner, and then have to use experience on the retrieve to interpret what I can can feel through the line and the lead, and put baits, loosefeed, and hooklinks out to the marker float. How can this be the same with a smart cast OR is it that they are BOTH just another tool in the anglers armoury that we haven't accepted yet?

The biggest problem with baitboats is not the boat it's the way that it's used by some users, the ones that are totally inconsiderate to other anglers, crossing their lines that are allready in place etc. I have to agree with you there, but not every one is the same you know, I for one DO consider my fellow anglers and don't cross lines etc.

When I was at Bluebell lake a while ago, there was a chap there who was using a camera on his boat and then watching what was going on, in his bivvy. I didn't see it but I bet it was interesting all the same, to see fish in the natural state doing what fish do.

I must admit that I would be interested to see them my self, not neccescarily to use it for baiting etc but for the enjoyment of see them. I can't though say that I wouldn't use it for that as it would be an edge over them.

[ 27. April 2005, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: bushwacker ]

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

:D:D:D I own a bait boat/A smart cast and lots of other fishing toys!

Been watching the post and having a giggle :D . How many of u use bite alarms???? A piece of silver foil will do!!!!

How many use carbon fibre rods

Cane or glass fibre will do!!!

How many use a bivvie?

A tarp will do!!!!

Sorry forgot one

How many of you go fishing???

Just go and watch them in a lake and leave them to swim and feed safely!!!!!

You all make your own choise's so why pick one piece of tec! and slate it (just like bite alarms and powerful rods, with pit reel's) They are new tec! newer than baitboats. They help u get further into a lake where befor it was out of reach?

Where do u all draw a line???? :confused:

dazler:

:D:D:D I own a bait boat/A smart cast and lots of other fishing toys!

Been watching the post and having a giggle :D . How many of u use bite alarms???? A piece of silver foil will do!!!!

How many use carbon fibre rods

Cane or glass fibre will do!!!

How many use a bivvie?

A tarp will do!!!!

Two true mate, I couldn't think of anything else to put but you've done it. Just what I wanted to say, I'm a bit thick you see. LOL

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

Jim Gibbinson:

Rabster, why should it be a case of "accept them all" or "accept none"? What is wrong with evaluating innovations individually?

I'm with Severn Wolf on this one.

Besides, bait-boats are naff! I've a theory that bait-boat users are actually closet-case caravan enthusiasts...

Jim

I find it slightly strange that you've used quotation marks to accredit me with two phrases I've not used? Just where are you quoting me from?

As for your final paragraph, well, thats baitboat owners & caravan users duly labelled in Jims world. If you always judge people so easily I truly hope you're not really a Justice of the Peace? If you are, God help us!

Regards.

I stand corrected, Rabster, in that my use of quotation marks suggested that the phrases were actually used by you. I concede that they weren't. Isn't it fair to say, though, that the sentiments expressed within my quotation marks are an accurate representation of the views you expressed? So while I can be taken to task over my syntax, I don't think it can be argued that I misprepresented your argument.