Coarse Fish Removal - New Byelaws To Protect Fisheries

Anglers' Net

The future is fluff chucking - they don't seem quite so inclined to hara-kiri, though they are even better than coarse anglers at bitching about each other's methods, and some of them are now starting to consider eating a trout tantamount to cannibalism.

How the worm has turned (pun intended :D )

I bet that's because they are all converts from some other stocked water style of fishing!

All hail oh holy fish god :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those river rules seem sensible enough to me. They let us take fish up to 8 inches to use as pike bait but stop our eastern european friends taking home the big barbel. The only pike I've ever eaten would be within the proposed size range. Since I very rarely catch a grayling they could probably do with a bit of protection.

If you want to eat fish, go and catch a bucketful of whiting. Far better eating than any freshwater fish and easy enough to catch on freshwater type gear!

The only thing it changes is that it will become illegal to take coarse fish from a river with the owner's consent.

I don't think fish being taken with the owner's consent is actually a problem.

Edited by Steve Walker

Those river rules seem sensible enough to me. They let us take fish up to 8 inches to use as pike bait but stop our eastern european friends taking home the big barbel. The only pike I've ever eaten would be within the proposed size range. Since I very rarely catch a grayling they could probably do with a bit of protection.

If you want to eat fish, go and catch a bucketful of whiting. Far better eating than any freshwater fish and easy enough to catch on freshwater type gear!

As Brian pointed out and as was discussed at great length on this forum and as was admitted by the man at the EA (adrian.taylor@environment-agency.gov.uk), they can't police the existing fish theft legislation, so how does bringing in more legislation prevent people from stealing fish? It won't affect thieves and poachers, only legitimate anglers who like to eat the occasional fish

One of the main rivers that I fish is full of trout, salmon and grayling with the odd sea-trout thrown in for good measure. The most legislated fish in that river is about to become the grayling........probably the most abundant fish in the river.

One of the points about my gripe is that the EA are proposing to limit the size of fish available to take down to a single years cohort. Keep removing that and you will end up with depleted fish stocks and no breeding stock for the future. Not good for conserving fish stocks which is the whole idea of the legislation. It was the angling gutter press that started ranting on and on about Eastern Europeans eating the few fish left by the murderous gnashing otters :wallbash: (to protect the cuddly wuddly little carpy warpies called fluffy and willow and woodbine and Ogden's bleedin' nut gone flake)

As for whiting, yes, lovely but a 150 mile round trip as opposed to a ten minute walk. I wouldn't say thay are better to eat than any freshwater fish either. You obviously haven't eaten many grayling or perch :)

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

As for whiting, yes, lovely but a 150 mile round trip as opposed to a ten minute walk. I wouldn't say thay are better to eat than any freshwater fish either. You obviously haven't eaten many grayling or perch :)

:D I sometimes forget not everyone is luck enough to live by the sea! :D

I haven't eaten grayling but I have a had a few perch. I just don't much like the taste of freshwater fish, even wild trout. (I haven't tried gudgeon, they are supposed to be nice. Probably need more than 15 for a meal :rolleyes: )

I don't think the grayling stocks will suffer. There's no way all of a single year class will be caught by people who kill them and once they get past the maximum size they should be safe. Size windows are standard practice in a lot of places around the world. Those that do survive produce more eggs than the smaller ones that would be breeding if there was just a minimum size limit.

Gudgeon are over-rated in my opinion, a bit mushy when cooked. As you say you need quite a few for a meal B)

I think that a much better way of regulating grayling stocks for food would be to suggest limits based on the weight of fish and make a wider range, say 12oz to 2lb.

Gudgeon are over-rated in my opinion, a bit mushy when cooked. As you say you need quite a few for a meal B)

I think that a much better way of regulating grayling stocks for food would be to suggest limits based on the weight of fish and make a wider range, say 12oz to 2lb.

Who is going to pay for the policing of your new proposels. Don't ask me as a tax and rate payer, as i have enough already to pay for. :huh:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Well, it's alright at the moment to catch whiting to eat. But for how long, now that the eco bullies have got their foot in the door?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Well, it's alright at the moment to catch whiting to eat. But for how long, now that the eco bullies have got their foot in the door?

Precisely why anglers need to get together and present a unified front. No use quibbling about the past, get together now on sites such as this and show our strength!