Another petition that is likely to end in tears

Ronessex

Barry,could you ask RayB why he posted this.

If you want I can carry a copy on my charter boat for customers to sign, and see if any of the other skippers will do the same ??

Brighton Charter Fishing on Grey Viking II

Catch Reports

He is a Brighton Charter skipper.He now posts....

Ok,

I've been having a ponder, it's difficult to decipher all the nuances of opinion on here, so I thought I'd state what I think in broad terms, and ask who agrees/disagrees with me ??

1. All this is bull**** with the current CFP in place whereby undersize/bycatch goes back dead

2. Simple way to cure above problem - reduce tonnage quotas and eliminate min sizes - SIMPLES

3. All the other proposals are BULLSH*T until the above is addressed, on big trawl's the dead bycatch dwarfs RSA's catches

4. I want to work WITH not AGAINST commercials - ALWAYS

5. That said - why do ILLEGAL commercials get away with it so often, and when caught fined too little to be a deterrent ??

6. Why are we having new legislation and rules and BOLL*CKS when the current ones are either broken or poorly enforced??

7. Until points 1 to 6 above are properly addressed I am TOTALLY hostile to any new rules, restrictions or other associated BOLLO*CKS imposed by unelected, overpaid TW*Ts in Brussels

Simples

Catch Reports

In one post he is willing to start an all out War with the Sussex commercial fleet by having copies of this petition and trying to involve other Brighton Charter skippers which we know from Uncle Reg's post to be aimed at the commercial fleet,Grandfather rights etc ( we also know little else about what it contains.) In his next post he wants to work with the commercial fleet and have no restrictions? :blink:

This gets more bizarre the more it moves along. It actually appears that no one on there knows just what it is they are putting there names too?

I am more than a little concerned that a door is going to be opened here that may never be able to be closed.

Edited by Ronessex

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

certainly ask those questions tomorrow off to sleep shortly. Looks like that skipper is going hot and cold, doesn't really know what he wants. I can see where he is coming from with regards to his hostilities against the eu rulers, they have had long enough to get it right, and all they have proven is that they are not fit for purpose, so what chance has the proposed new cfp got and it will not come on stream for a few years hence. I agree with him on that, a load of busters.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry,could you ask RayB why he posted this.

If you want I can carry a copy on my charter boat for customers to sign, and see if any of the other skippers will do the same ??

Catch Reports

He is a Brighton Charter skipper.He now posts....

Ok,

I've been having a ponder, it's difficult to decipher all the nuances of opinion on here, so I thought I'd state what I think in broad terms, and ask who agrees/disagrees with me ??

1. All this is bull**** with the current CFP in place whereby undersize/bycatch goes back dead

2. Simple way to cure above problem - reduce tonnage quotas and eliminate min sizes - SIMPLES

3. All the other proposals are BULLSH*T until the above is addressed, on big trawl's the dead bycatch dwarfs RSA's catches

4. I want to work WITH not AGAINST commercials - ALWAYS

5. That said - why do ILLEGAL commercials get away with it so often, and when caught fined too little to be a deterrent ??

6. Why are we having new legislation and rules and BOLL*CKS when the current ones are either broken or poorly enforced??

7. Until points 1 to 6 above are properly addressed I am TOTALLY hostile to any new rules, restrictions or other associated BOLLO*CKS imposed by unelected, overpaid TW*Ts in Brussels

Simples

Catch Reports

In one post he is willing to start an all out War with the Sussex commercial fleet by having copies of this petition and trying to involve other Brighton Charter skippers which we know from Uncle Reg's post to be aimed at the commercial fleet,Grandfather rights etc ( we also know little else about what it contains.) In his next post he wants to work with the commercial fleet and have no restrictions? :blink:

This gets more bizarre the more it moves along. It actually appears that no one on there knows just what it is they are putting there names too?

I am more than a little concerned that a door is going to be opened here that may never be able to be closed.

I can answer that one as I spoke to him about it yesterday. He simply wanted to see what this petition said as no one seemed to be able to get copies. I can assure you he is totally against messing with the grandfather rights and was one of the skippers I have refused to name in my post. No problem now he has come out so to speek.

Edited by Deene'0
Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

I can answer that one as I spoke to him about it yesterday. He simply wanted to see what this petition said as no one seemed to be able to get copies. I can assure you he is totally against messing with the grandfather rights and was one of the skippers I have refused to name in my post. No problem now he has come out so to speek.

Thanks for clearing that one up as I was getting confused with views changing from post to post. :blink:

Edited by Ronessex

certainly ask those questions tomorrow off to sleep shortly. Looks like that skipper is going hot and cold, doesn't really know what he wants. I can see where he is coming from with regards to his hostilities against the eu rulers, they have had long enough to get it right, and all they have proven is that they are not fit for purpose, so what chance has the proposed new cfp got and it will not come on stream for a few years hence. I agree with him on that, a load of busters.

I think we would all agree that none of us are happy with the EU and the way they choose to run the CFP. I wasn't to pleased having the 'Thor' cutting our gear away off of Iceland in the 70's while having phosphorous flares fired at us whilst we were on the deck.

That's when this crap should of been sorted.Instead we let a bunch of Icelandic s dictate the future of the whole of the EU fishing fleets.

If Ted Heath hadn't of buckled and given in we most probably wouldn't be in the mess we are now.

Anyway,that doesn't get away from the fact we have 'Nutters' speaking on the behalf of RSA when in all honesty they should of learnt by now to just leave it all alone and keep there mouths well and truly shut.

I think we would all agree that none of us are happy with the EU and the way they choose to run the CFP. I wasn't to pleased having the 'Thor' cutting our gear away off of Iceland in the 70's while having phosphorous flares fired at us whilst we were on the deck.

That's when this crap should of been sorted.Instead we let a bunch of Icelandic s dictate the future of the whole of the EU fishing fleets.

If Ted Heath hadn't of buckled and given in we most probably wouldn't be in the mess we are now.

Anyway,that doesn't get away from the fact we have 'Nutters' speaking on the behalf of RSA when in all honesty they should of learnt by now to just leave it all alone and keep there mouths well and truly shut.

Ted Heath had little choice as the need to have a NATO base in Iceland at the time was considered more important than our fishermen. Not least pressure from the Americans for example. What I find unforgivable is the fact that he duped us into agreeing to join a common market which he knew full well was going to lead to a common political union on which no referendum has ever been given instead it was made a part of the manifesto of all three political parties before the general election which saw Harold Wilson take charge.

As for the Icelandic’s defending there right to govern there sea given fish is there main export I think we should have learnt from them and should follow there lead by ditching the CFP by opting out in the same way as we have over the pound/euro. Our commercial fishing industry might then have a better future.

As for the RSA well short of those with more sense forming an opposition to the AT then the future looks bleak. It is no good saying do nothing and leave it alone when this is a pursuit growing in popularity which needs protection from those who are intent with meddling with it.

Tight Lines :mellow:

As I am now completely **** off with Mr Phillips refusing to actually post the contents of his petition I have just mailed SSFC with my own views.Probably a complete waste of time but it made me feel better.....

Sir, I am very concerned that there is a petition going around the Sussex area that may have implications which could affect ALL sea anglers up and down the country. As far as I am aware it is aimed at starting a war between anglers and commercial fishermen alike.

It is being driven by certain individuals that appear to be working for and alongside the Angling Trust.

What I find very strange is the petition is only for the eyes of certain individuals and is not to be posted on any angling forums?

It seems to driven by a guy that go’s by the name of Mr Reg Phillips.

I have taken an extract of one of his postings (Which are seen nationwide) It states…

‘’The petition will be collected at the end of August and handed to the SSFC during an arranged RSA, SSFC, MMO/IFCA meeting WITH Mr Rob Clark hopefully towards the end of September. The petition is to ask the SSFC to review the 'Grandfather Rights' and commercial fishing activity within 0-6nm zone around our coastline.

Mr Phillips also openly states ‘I am proud to hear my fellow anglers wanting to protect our Bream stocks and GIVING UP our rights to fish for them during a spawning period or other, if and only if we democratically agree to this.’

I would like to make it perfectly clear that as an angler and a Charter Boat operator, myself and many, many more people do NOT accept these people with there secret agendas and secret meetings with yourselves, speaking on behalf of us.

If such a meeting is to take place can this email please also be heard at the meeting as I fear this meeting will only actually be available to those with there ‘Secret’ hidden agenda.

The full debate and objections to these people can be found here.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=281865

Regards

Ron Angel

I won't hold my breath for a sensible response but whatever response I get,I will post on here.

As I am now completely **** off with Mr Phillips refusing to actually post the contents of his petition I have just mailed SSFC with my own views.Probably a complete waste of time but it made me feel better.....

Sir, I am very concerned that there is a petition going around the Sussex area that may have implications which could affect ALL sea anglers up and down the country. As far as I am aware it is aimed at starting a war between anglers and commercial fishermen alike.

It is being driven by certain individuals that appear to be working for and alongside the Angling Trust.

What I find very strange is the petition is only for the eyes of certain individuals and is not to be posted on any angling forums?

It seems to driven by a guy that go’s by the name of Mr Reg Phillips.

I have taken an extract of one of his postings (Which are seen nationwide) It states…

‘’The petition will be collected at the end of August and handed to the SSFC during an arranged RSA, SSFC, MMO/IFCA meeting WITH Mr Rob Clark hopefully towards the end of September. The petition is to ask the SSFC to review the 'Grandfather Rights' and commercial fishing activity within 0-6nm zone around our coastline.

Mr Phillips also openly states ‘I am proud to hear my fellow anglers wanting to protect our Bream stocks and GIVING UP our rights to fish for them during a spawning period or other, if and only if we democratically agree to this.’

I would like to make it perfectly clear that as an angler and a Charter Boat operator, myself and many, many more people do NOT accept these people with there secret agendas and secret meetings with yourselves, speaking on behalf of us.

If such a meeting is to take place can this email please also be heard at the meeting as I fear this meeting will only actually be available to those with there ‘Secret’ hidden agenda.

The full debate and objections to these people can be found here.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=281865

Regards

Ron Angel

I won't hold my breath for a sensible response but whatever response I get,I will post on here.

Ron would you like a copy of this stuck up on wsf might get me baned but the offer is there ;)

Chill Ron, have some karma. :D some of us are there batting for the rsa, pop over and have another look, the topic moves on. :lol: If i can find out when Reg's cronies wish to deposit the petition, might just post a letter off at the same time. :lol:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..