Another petition that is likely to end in tears

Ronessex

I have been fortunate to have been in Vancouver BC for the last 4 weeks.Before I left the UK I put my boat up for sale (£60,000) with a view of investing a further £50k or more in a new Charter boat,it is these type of posts and people that we have to contend with nowdays that actually make me think why I would want to bother.

What with these type of bloody people,wind farms,MCZ's NTZ's etc etc it makes me think that maybe it is me that needs looking at?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been fortunate to have been in Vancouver BC for the last 4 weeks.Before I left the UK I put my boat up for sale (£60,000) with a view of investing a further £50k or more in a new Charter boat,it is these type of posts and people that we have to contend with nowdays that actually make me think why I would want to bother.

What with these type of bloody people,wind farms,MCZ's NTZ's etc etc it makes me think that maybe it is me that needs looking at?

Yes, it's ironic that a lot of these people say that lack of protected areas and restrictions and the supposed lack of fish are responsible for some dreadful decline in sea angling yet, in reality, it is their meddling that is likely to cause any decline. It's not lack of fish that will put people out of business, it is the unbearable levels of management and restrictions that they are calling for.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Yes, it's ironic that a lot of these people say that lack of protected areas and restrictions and the supposed lack of fish are responsible for some dreadful decline in sea angling yet, in reality, it is their meddling that is likely to cause any decline. It's not lack of fish that will put people out of business, it is the unbearable levels of management and restrictions that they are calling for.

The problem is Steve,a lot of anglers are not as good as they like to think they are, so they turn there hand to leading others up a path of no return.

Am I right in thinking 'Reg' is something in the AT? If he is he should bloody well hang his head in shame and resign.

The problem is Steve,a lot of anglers are not as good as they like to think they are, so they turn there hand to leading others up a path of no return.

Am I right in thinking 'Reg' is something in the AT? If he is he should bloody well hang his head in shame and resign.

I don't know what his position is with the Angling Trust, but I believe he is linked with them in some way or other. There are a lot of them who should hang their heads in shame and resign, so he's in good company.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Rather worryingly, it seems Old Reg wasn't far off of the mark, and aspects of what he posted are pretty much supported by the guidance documentation directing the evolution of the MCZ selection process!

I'll post more tomorrow, but as far as I'm concerned this latest revelation has some serious ramifications when it comes to anglers spilling their guts in the hope that this will somehow 'protect valuable fishing areas'.

Edited by Sharkbyte

Here we have the first proposel to close an area after the armchair anglers have been promted by the ANGLING TRUST CONSERVATION SOCIETY to liaze with these waste of space quangos who's only agenda is to close areas. Poor Reg, hasn't got a clue asto the damage he and his ilk are going to do with the sport and the people who rely on it for a living. Check out the failed area of lundy, has Reg missed that or is the we think we know best shutters still down. Management for management sake Reg, sea angling needs protection from this creep (worthless management) and the a t ain't got the balls to do it. Disgusting.

Reg's thought for the day: loads of eels at the mo bothering our freshwater anglers, check out the freshwater section Reg. Followed by, loads and loads of freezer lorries winging their way onto the continent loaded with you guessed it bream, so your idic ideal of closed areas to anglers is going to achieve absolutly diddly squatt, what a sell out.

Followed by Reg's admiration previously of the sea angler Steve's knowledge, taken aboard by Reg and now forgotten as he is now surrounded by the administration foggy cloud.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

This this just keeps getting better!!!

Reg kops one on the chin from 'Bob Shotter'.....Nearly a 'Knock out Blow' but not quite!

Bob Shotter posts..

WARNING WARNING WARNING

To all anglers who are considering signing this petition. Do you know what your doing? To try and change the grandfather rights and to interfere with commercial fishing is nothing short of starting a war for which you are neither prepared or have any justifiable reason for getting involved.

You should ask Reg Phillips a few questions first, like 1. What evidence is there to support damage caused by anchors of RSA boats. 2. What evidence is there to support a ban on RSA at any time that is likely to have any meaningful impact in protecting the Bream or any other of the fish stock in the area?

Let me enlighten you to a few facts of which you may be unaware and of the consequences of this action. Over half of the Bream commercially caught in the area is done so illegally, last year pair trawlers were prosecuted and fined 4k a miniscule amount compared to the amount they get for the sale of Bream, so it continues. If that’s the support you get from the judicial system you have already lost. The nation’s love of our commercial fishermen and the tough life they have, apparently, is another reason you won’t get far and if this committee do go along with bans etc do you think the commercials are going to quietly take it with out having a pop at you and seeking interference like the need to have all RSAs licensed and logging all of there catches. Oh and by the by the organization to which Reg is a member ‘The Angling Trust’ is in favor of both.

I have talked to some of the charter skippers and they are NOT in support of the action either so do your self a favor and give this stupid idea a wide berth or at the very least challenge it and ask questions or you may end up with more than you bargain for. I hope to that those of you in the area that agree with me get to this public meeting and stop this farce.

Tight Lines.

Sherbert Posts..

1. What evidence is there to support damage caused by anchors of RSA boats.

2. What evidence is there to support a ban on RSA at any time that is likely to have any meaningful impact in protecting the Bream or any other of the fish stock in the area?

These are very good questions that prehaps somebody can answer

the impression I got was that anchoring on the Kingmere might be prohibited but drift fishing may be allowed to continue. There may also be some kind of closed season during the Bream breeding months ie: May/June, where no fishing is allowed.

This seems to be maybe and might be .... can anybody put on here any minutes from these meetings or any links to websites that show the minutes of your meetings or where these meetings just a casual chat

all seems to me that the Kingmere will become an area that fishing is banned ..... the only time anybody drifts it is to catch bass which is very similiar to mackeral fishing the way that its done ..... somebody is going to tell me about the amount of hours they drift fish for bream!! ... Tin hat time

Sorry to sound so negative but this seems to me that they are getting anglers on board and they have already made there minds up about what areas are going to be NTZ and you will be the whipping boys that everybody looks at as they shut down huge areas to rod and line anglers whilst the commercials just sit on the edges scopping all up as it makes its way through .... think about a wreck netted and just scale it up a bit and the pair trawlers will carry on the same just going around the edges

I maybe very wrong but it seems to me that the commercials will retain status quo ante bellum and we will be banned from fishing there

Sherbert

Reg hits back but only a glancing blow!

Guys,

I expected a lot more of this twaddle coming from people who do not want Sussex RSAs to have a voice. Their aim is soley to destroy angling unity and the Angling Trust, they fear everything to do with angling politics, why? because their fishing may well be better than ours, who knows! One thing is for sure, they do not want you to have a say in the matter.

First they say it's good for local RSA to have a say, they do this to get you onside, then they try everything in the book to frighten you so you keep quiet. They personally attack individual people who have stood up for unity and destroy all notion of protected fisheries or at least a better future for all anglers, because they feel you have no right to hope for representation, communication and respected consideration towards anglers from the powers that be.

So I say, let them post on here, listen to what they have to say, ask yourself if they would travel all the way down to Sussex to stand by you and defend your fishing, your favorite venues and species. In fact, will they even support their own local RSA, answer Not A Chance. Then you will realise how far you and other Sussex RSAs have all come in such a short space of time.

These meetings are happening to give us all a chance of a better future, no presure will be put on any RSA to do what they feel is wrong. If we democratically feel that this is not working then we will stop. The choice will always be yours to make.

If you honestly feel that these meetings are designed to destroy our local commercial fishermen, then you are wrong. They are to help us better understand the many problems we are facing and how we can help to find a solution to these problems, so RSA and the local commercials have a bright future ahead. For us to better understand the problems facing not only our sport but the jobs of our commercial fishermen, we need to speak to the organisations that know the answers. Remember guys, not all commercial fishermen break the regulations, some may even be anglers in their spare time.

The SSFC, Balanced Seas and the MMO have heard our calls for communication and they are willing to talk to us, in fact I know that they are optimistic that we can help them to find a solution to suit all stakeholders or they wouldn't even bother with us.

Would they!

There is no-one so blind as those who do not want to see.

Reg

Sherbert posts..

Hi Reg

In now way was mine an attack on you as I think its great that somebody is trying - and like you say most commercials are fishing within the rules... we may not like the rules but they are fishing within the boundries ...

I have asked if these chats are informal conversations or are they formal

If so is it possible to see the minutes??

And where do they get the evidence that anchors are destroying the kingmere??

sherbert

Reg posts....

Sherbert,

We all have different views on this touchy subject and probably 99% of it is completely wrong. I do not know if you belong to a local club, but if you do ask a couple of representatives of your club to attend the meeting so people who know can answer your questions.

You picked out a section of my post regarding Kingmere, those very same words were memorised during a very good informative meeting with Balanced Seas, back in June I think, and came directly from Ben Godsall, angling liasion officer for Balanced Seas. Ben went on to say that nothing has been decided yet. It is important to remember that none of the four MCZ projects will enforce any MCZ, all they can do is propose sites for conservation. The decisions will be made by the government and by then the Balanced Seas organisation will no longer exist.

Sorry Sherbert, I had a feeling that you might think, I thought you were on the attack, that is why I tried to post quickly, to put your mind at rest. NO WORRYS MATE

Unfortunately there are no minutes of the Balanced Seas meeting, I wish there were so I could refer back to them.

We decided not to minute the meetings because some people may not wish to be recorded.

Were the chats formal or informal, hard to say really Sherbert. What I can say is that everyone who attended the meeting felt better for it. Ben Godsall came across as being very open and honest, I also have to say that later correspondence between Sue Wells and Ben were very positive. You know, these MCZs may not be a bad as we might fear. It is very wise to take a step back and hold back on giving away every detail, untill we know they can be trusted. They knew we were taking this approach and in many ways they respected us for doing so. If they are aware that we can provide more information, they will obviously keep in touch. The decision to discuss matters further will be decided by local RSAs during the next preliminary meeting and not decided by a dictatorship.

Their evidence of anchor damage on the Kingmere I presume comes from several surveys of the area. Its a good question and one that should be raised with them during the next Balanced Seas meeting.

REG

WTF is all this????

Meetings being held but no minutes from either side BUT these meetings are being held to discuss the future of RSA? Amazing how everything is done from memory!....oh and I forgot of course...Ermmm....Trust! Not a chance,not as far as I could throw them.

This is another 'Corker' from our Reg that thinks no one is watching his moves regarding a meeting with balanced seas.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=279985

I had to laugh from this little snippet

Reg posts..

Ok Everyone,

We will be holding a preliminary meeting between shore/boat angling clubs and the charter fleets on or near the 25th August to ascertain any questions we want to raise with the SSFC. We will need to know how many clubs wish to attend so we can arrange a venue to suit numbers. So can you all let me know asap. Due to the size of venues previously used we have to limit numbers by asking that a few representatives of each committee attend. These venues have been free, however, should a larger venue be required, funds will have to be raised somehow.

REG

Another nice move there Reg.There's a meeting but not enough room if you want to go.You can go though if you are a 'Committee man' or you are willing to pay for a venue?....Good way to stop 'Mr Average' having his say.Still we have Reg and his band of loonies speaking for everyone.....'Why Worry'?

I'm waiting for someone to ask the question on WSF (I'm banned so I'm out) Who the hell put Reg in charge all of a sudden to wage war on the commercial sector and doing deals for RSA's? Doe's Leon know his nose is being edged out here? lol

Edited by Ronessex

Grandfather rights, who's living on what planet, until recently we all had the public right to fish based on our immemorial rights, the marine bill has now superseded and taken away our public right of immemorial use, so anglers and commercials no longer got a right to anything, anglers can ask for ntz's for commercials and commercials can ask for ntz's for anglers, the fishery managers have designed it that way, no ones wins except the fishery mangers with their already predetermined plan, LOL LOL be careful what you wish for, it might bite you back LOL LOL

WTF is all this????

Meetings being held but no minutes from either side BUT these meetings are being held to discuss the future of RSA? Amazing how everything is done from memory!....oh and I forgot of course...Ermmm....Trust! Not a chance,not as far as I could throw them.

Another nice move there Reg.There's a meeting but not enough room if you want to go.You can go though if you are a 'Committee man' or you are willing to pay for a venue?....Good way to stop 'Mr Average' having his say.Still we have Reg and his band of loonies speaking for everyone.....'Why Worry'?

I'm waiting for someone to ask the question on WSF (I'm banned so I'm out) Who the hell put Reg in charge all of a sudden to wage war on the commercial sector and doing deals for RSA's? Doe's Leon know his nose is being edged out here? lol

Cor this is fun. :) Patience Ron, i have only just joined wsf tonight and have introduced myself to Reg. And told him we are missing him so invited him to come back over here. :D

Anyways, i'm not banned off wsf yet so if you have a question or two for Reg, do you wish me to pass them over.? Love you. B)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Cor this is fun. :) Patience Ron, i have only just joined wsf tonight and have introduced myself to Reg. And told him we are missing him so invited him to come back over here. :D

Anyways, i'm not banned off wsf yet so if you have a question or two for Reg, do you wish me to pass them over.? Love you. B)

Hi Barry.I did notice your post on there.There are also another couple of people asking questions.....But no answers,so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a reply regarding a link to the petition!

It's good though the questions being asked because at some stage Reg or one of his mates has to give the game away.