Countryside Alliance Angling Forum

Peter Waller

Hi Corydoras, fair comment.

I'm no expert, and I'll leave it to someone who knows better, but I'm not sure about a .22 doing the job.

corydoras:

Out of interest what did you shoot your fox with?

A very nice Purdy.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaffer:

Hi Corydoras, fair comment. .

BTW my definition of 'Expert'. "Someone who knows more-and-more about less-and-less" :D

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

I don,t want to re-activate this thread, but I must comment on the last couple of posts.

A .303 rifle is lethal up to 3 MILES.

IF you were able to get one on your Firearms Certificate, its unlikely that you would be permitted to use it for"sporting purposes", target shooting on approved ranges only, would be normal.

A .22 rifle is lethal up to 1 mile, using high velocity ammunition.

This weapon is more than capable of humanely killing a fox.

Keep it real, Chaps.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Cranfield:

I don,t want to re-activate this thread, but I must comment on the last couple of posts.

A .303 rifle is lethal up to 3 MILES.

IF you were able to get one on your Firearms Certificate, its unlikely that you would be permitted to use it for"sporting purposes", target shooting on approved ranges only, would be normal.

A .22 rifle is lethal up to 1 mile, using high velocity ammunition.

This weapon is more than capable of humanely killing a fox.

Keep it real, Chaps.

[ 14. March 2003, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

FishFight, I suggest you read the whole thread before making asinine comments.

Its up to the Moderators to move a thread, not the participants.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Originally posted by KANNY:

"i think alot anglers see the C.A and they automaticly think fox hunting but the C.A and others arnt just about fox hunting ...yes its there main agenda at the moment but what they promote is life style and are fighting to ensure that we all have a choice of life style this includes the right to hunt...."

If one overdo his campaigning or fight a lost case results might be counter-productive. The C.A. will be connected, first and foremost, with fox hunting for years from now on - so please keep angling out of it.

"...Angling in its own nature is hunting like it or not!"

This is not important. What counts is:

Imagine a picture with an 8 y.o. girl 1) with a gun 2) with rod and line - ask the man in the street to remove the false picture. 99% will trash the gun girl (I saved 1% for those who didn't understand the test).

"peter yes in my search for the anti sites i allso found a fair few pro angling sites this is what was ment by DO SOMTHING! i was very releved to see this.now these small groups are great at local level but are not enough to show force by numbers on there own..."

Anglers don't cry wolf all the time. If/when angling ever become as threatened as fox hunting is, anglers will mobilise. Don't worry! :)

" as you say you have the NAA who seem to be talking with the C.A this is the right thing to do IMO."

Not in mine :) Totally wrong strategy :D Like shooting yourself in the foot :D

"i get the impression from sum of you that when the fight does come you think its going to be a fair one and your sport will defend its self well this would be fatal to angling never underestimate just how low your opponents will go!"

Wrong, we have seen how low our "friends and allies" go with us. Thanks to the C.A. and other (fox) hunting friends we are so well prepared for opponents as one can be. Don't worry :)

--------------------------

"If you want to win the game - don't run for the lost balls" (xx tennis player)

I think this whole topic has become desperately sad, and a platform for the Jeremy Clarksons of the firearms world to exchange their rather pathetic exchanges on the best kit to kill a living creature. This kind of tasteless banter really has no place on an angling forum. Perhaps you should continue this rather juvenile discussion on a forum with a name such as Guns & Ammo, or whatever else appeals to the budding Rambos on here.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.