tackle shop

coyle79

Hi all

I am looking into opening my own tackle shop and was wondering if anyone here had one and if so if they would be so kind as to put me touch with a few good wholesales i have found some on google but they dont do the brands i was interested in selling any help would be welcomed thank you

Guest Wilko 09

Coyle,

The way to become a millionaire in the tackle business is to start with 10 million.

Phone

(bout the best "help" I can be)

That's the old airline expression.

My local shop seems to be doing okay, he has just relocated to bigger premises and increased his stock.

coyle,

In trying to be "clever" I may have "overstated" the risk. Just so you'll know here are Pure Fishing's numbers:

Results of Operations—Comparing 2012 to 2011 .

EDIT: Well, that didn't work worth a crap. Let me just type the numbers (in millions)2011 - $ 2,62.9 - - - 2012 - $2,772.1

Somebody bought two and three quarters billion dollars worth of something.

Phone

Edited by Phone

I would be happy to give you some sensible discussion on opening a store contact me through my online store email if you like or give us a call, phone number is on website.

good luck

• Like 1

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp

I would think it best if you went to the yearly trade shows and made some contact that way.

My local shop does very well but they also sell sea gear and have massive online sales.

Their philosophy is if not in stock dont try to sell it online like many do. Nothing worse than buying stuff online, paying, then being told out of stock.

They also pay all of their suppliers with real money IE not on credit. Every bit of stock is owned by them - not on credit.

There is a reason why some online shops all of a sudden have a load of bargins - cash flow, they have accounts that need paying or they lose their stock. So they reduce prices to make a quick cash flow and in the process lose most of the profit they could of made just trying to stay afloat.

Then comes the hard times of the year when angler are not buying any bait, if not needing bait they dont come to the shop and buy other bits and bobs - again no cash flow and accounts need to be paid.

Now consider the suppliers terms and conditions IE you must sell at this RRP, buy this amount of stock etc and the fact the JOE BLOGGS tackle will get his stock before you because he sells more of that suppliers goods, IE them rods you ordered months back are still not with you as they are out of stock with the supplier!

Add in the suppliers trick of sending you stock you did not order, you ring them, they knock some money off the stock making you think you have a good deal - they sent you that stock as they cant shift it!

Oh the tackle trade - good luck with your venture!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!