Fisheries officer on Southend Pier

sam-cox

its probably like the dog licence costing more to enforce it than it takes ,i last was checked in 1969

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly right Chappers. I for one can only remember being asked for my coarse license once in the last ten years. The recent thread in the coarse forum about what the Environment Agency does with our license money covers a lot of is being said here.

What's the point of having rules and licenses if there's no way of enforcing them, and what guarantees are there that our license money would directly benefit our sport??

By the way, I think the Fisheries Officer did the right thing in having the undersize Bass thrown back.

As Autumn says it sends the right message, especially if there's a follow up visit and a prosecution or two!!

Maybe it would be an idea to have notices put up in a prominent place on piers etc warning anglers that taking undersize fish could lead to prosecution (in several languages where necessary!!)

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

They dide stick nitices on the hand rails but they have all disapeared.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

sorry Ive just tried to read that and my spellings realy bad.

They did stick notices on the hand rails, but they have all disapeared now.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

quote:

They did stick notices on the hand rails, but they have all disapeared now.
great for wrapping little bass in

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Nice to see someone earning their wages for a change. Our fisheries are never going to receive the protection they deserve by having officials sitting behind desks all day long.

Something I have mentioned amongst friends a few times is the complete absence in my opinion of any guidance given to summer / holiday anglers from the likes of the NFSA. Surely there must be at least a few individuals amongst their numbers willing to walk the busy piers and beaches in the peak months dishing out leaflets and giving advice to novice anglers about the issues we face. Maybe some might even give a monkeys, join up and sign the odd petition.

I guess what I am getting at is that by pushing the odd pen and only ever preaching to the converted very few anglers will ever get educated in the ways of conservation.

More promotion is needed, badly.

I would love a job as an sea angling fishery officer. What a life, educating young and new anglers in general good angling practice and the laws regarding size limits, and nicking the w*ankers who keep undersized fish.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

surely their not kept :confused: most of them after eating return to the sea from sewage outfalls so their being in reality diverted,an angler may have a few undersized fish, a trawler a few tons .i'd rather the angler took them home than the trawler dump them at sea :confused:

The truth is no one should keep undersized fish, and any caught should be nicked.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.