South Wales

kelvindavies11

Nice one Specimen, congrats on the wrasse..I don't think it's in there yet...they tend to take a long time to get the pics into the mag...my boys' bull huss took 6 months to get in!...but he got his badge and prize for best story much earlier :D

...and I like Starvin's idea with the WWII pilot tally down the side of your yak!

Cheers for checking out the camping there Stuart I'm sure we'll be able to find a perfect spot!

Cheers Art :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nifty I've found about 8 sites in my 12 year old book, I'll get my lovely wife to ring around tomorrow... she's reading this over my shoulder. :) And see what the deal is.

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Nice one Specimen!...I've already got a shark patch, but that's on my floatation suit for shore fishing...and anyway that was for a smoothound...we're going after 'real' sharks now!!! :D ...lets hope we earn another badge or two...Nifty could crochet a quilt with the badges he's earning!!!! :D:D:D

Let us know how Mrs Starvin gets on with the campsites matey.

Cheers for now, Art "I'm off to the chandlers" fulfisher :)

Cheers Art. I earnt my shark badge from the shore last week -- caught a smoothhound 10lb 2oz. The plan is to go back on Saturday and get another one from the kayak. Theres a good chance of a sting ray down there too(my scales only go up to 25lb though).

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Speciman, Simon,

Have just booked the Camper in at:

http://www.mwca.co.uk/ynysymaengwyn/

Thursday Night and Friday Night

Art found it, looks nice, Cheers Art. :)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Good stuff. So the plan for you is to drive up Thursday and tope fish on the Friday and Saturday? Or tootle around and tope fish on the Saturday?

If I come up I'll stay there too.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Excellent, would be great to see you and Zzippy.

Tope Fishing Friday and Saturday, leaving late Saturday night, got to take my son to a party on the Sunday.

Family are staying at home for this trip.

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Hi All,

That campsite looks perfect Starvin.

Are you allowed to launch the yaks from the site into the river? because if you are then you can go straight down through the Broadwater and out to Sea and are within less than a mile of the area we fish.

You may have to jump out where the river enters the sea and guide the yak around the boulders a couple of hours down either side of HW but it's no big deal.

The Broadwater is an interesting piece of water to try if it blows up and has plenty of mullet to go for, so it might be worth chucking a flyrod or float rod in just in case.

HW on Thursday is 09-45 and 22-10

LW 04-35 17-00

Friday HW 10-35 and 23-00

LW 05-30 and 17-45

Saturday HW 11-25 and 23-50

LW 06-20 and 18-35

They are also the highest tides of the cycle on the Friday at 4.8 metres which are nice tides to fish and much better IMO than the bigger 5 metre plus tides. Just be aware that at full flow the boils as the tides rushes over the reef may make things a bit bumpy and are best avoided.

Stuart.