South Wales

kelvindavies11

Every rod I own will be packed in the Van, along with all my reels and lines, so what ever happens, I'll be able to have a bash.

Art found the site, he's a clever chap. :)

Can't wait.

SM

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey....don't you go calling me clever...in a crafty atempt at shifting the blame on to me if it turns out to be a rubbish camp site!!! :D

Seriously though it does look good and there are some lovely reviews from people who have camped there...including a warning about pitches 7,8,9...or it might have been 8,9,10...whatever there's a kiddies rope swing there, which attracted kids like a magnet...early morning and late night!...not that I think that would be botherin us...after a days yakfishin and a couple of beers it'll take more than that to wake me!!!

Anyhow I've just put my first mackerel in the freezer, fresh from the bay...hopefully get a few more over the weekend...broke my trolley too...time for a redesign!

It's all too exciting, I'm off for a beer, Tight Lines all, Art :)

Art, that's what you get for a £4 trolley :D Keep the wheels and build a frame to put them on - I think a piece of webbing strap might work to rest the hull on. Thinking about a frame with some web starps for my own.

Starvin - I'll see you there on Thursday evening. Can I bunk in your van please? Will bring food, beer and air freshener :D I did have a partial wash - up as far as my knees - on Saturday with Speciman and Zzippy. That Speciman chap only caught a brace of smoothies - lost one from his barbless hook close to the yak. The other at exactly 10 pm - about 8lbs he guessed. Hope the pic comes out Ok - get it processed and scanned tommorrow, then you'll know. Zzippy caught a cracking flounder on smoothound bait :D Should have some nice piccies of that one - in daylight!

I couldn't get anything but damned bass. I can see this "more and bigger bass around the coast" thing making them a real nuisance when trying for other things!!! I shouldn't complain I suppose. but no smoothhounds for me. Going back to have another go though.

Remember to brush your hair chaps - camera is watching!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hiya Simon,

Your right about the trolley!!! :D ...actually it turned out one of the push fit plumbing fittings I used had just fallen apart. I managed to get it back in using my vice like grip and a lot of grimacing...pushed the upright back in and it works again. However it does need upgrading as the flex in the axle brings the wheels into contact with the hull on occasions. I've bought some Osmaweld glue-fit fittings and I'm gonna redesign it with a shorter axle and raised, stiffer frame.

Anyhow went out yesterday with my boy on the back and caught a few more mackerel for bait :D

Well done to Specimen on the Smoothies...I haven't caught one for ages and would love to remind myself of the crazy speed they display!

...and nice one Zzippy...love to see a pic of the flounder.

..as for you Simon...reduced to catching masses of pesky bass!!! :D ...oh how the mighty have fallen!!!!....I should be so lucky as to fall so far!!!!!!!! :D ...I'll be happy if only with bass...on the fly would be better though admittedly ....look forward to some pics of the fish and hope you had 'better' luck on your return.

Cheers for now, Art...PS...not a lot of hair on my head for me to brush!!! :)

You buggers, I've been building and photographing the yak all weekend for the website, didn't finish until 9.30pm last night. Had to buy some frozen mackeral as I missed the tide in the morning, my little girl had decided to redecorate our bathroom with a full-on technicolor yawn.

So it's down to you Art for the fresh Mackeral.

Simon, no problem with the kipping in the van, should be there before 11pm, can only do 60mph as I'm running in a new engine.

I'm off to have a hair cut at lunchtime. :)

Can't wait.

SM :)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

I've told em to stick work on Friday, I can't let you lot go and catch all my Tope, I'd be right fed up anyway thinking about was i was missing. :(

I've got to try and get a tent sorted and book into the campsite. I need a pitch well away from anyone else otherwise i'll get slung off for keeping everybody awake with my snoring. :D

Roll on Thursday, can't wait.

nifty.

Stuart, you could bivvy under the upturned kayaks :D and show Ray Mears a thing or two.

I had to sleep in the car down south - it is a bit cramped with all the gear in there though.

Thanks Starvin. Which camp site are you heading for? I'll be coming over in the evening too - got a bike in Chesterfield in the afternoon, but should be on the road for 7pm, arrive about 10 - 10.30 then.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Well done Art, only just noticed this thread was active again.

Yep that's the place, hope to get there before 11pm but that all depends on the old camper, and what time I can sneak away from work. (2 hours to get home! 5 hours to Wales!)

Glad you can make it on Friday Stuart.

If you PM me with your mobile numbers I'll give you a tinkle when I'm over the border.

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Its not definite if I'm coming up to Wales. It will be a last minute thing for me although I'm getting my gear together just in case :)

The guy in my local tackle shop suggested that I could use heavy monofilament line instead of wire for a tope trace. I've made some tope rigs with 100lb+ mono as the hook length.

However as theres lots of talk here and elsewhere about using wire hooklengths when fishing for tope perhaps I should use wire traces instead? Has anyone here tried both?

[ 21. June 2005, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Speciman ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow