4 replies to this topic

#1 kleinboet

kleinboet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,265 posts
  • Interests:Angling

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

After looking after a very sick lady for over 20 years, I have decided, at 70, to give fishing a miss.

I have a load of equipment and apparel, including a Korum chair, attachments, an electric tackle trolley, reels, rods and the assorted bits you pick up or buy during your fishing years. if you are looking for something drop me a line via AN and I'll be glad to give you a (good?) price.

fishing is nature's medical prescription

#2 Newt

Newt

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,148 posts
  • Interests:fishing, duplicate bridge, fishing, RV (caravan) travel to where there is fishing

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

Sorry to hear that but I fully understand it.

For any reading this who don't know kleinboet, he is a crusty old soul but honest and has good equipment.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

#3 Peter Waller

Peter Waller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,286 posts
  • Interests:Angling/Photography/sailing/broadland/remembering letchery.

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:20 PM

Hi Kleinboet,  I'm sorry to see you giving up but unless you have water on your doorstep I can understand your decision.  Not quite as old as you but heading that way rather too fast. Thank goodness I live within 150 yards of the water!

#4 Adam247

Adam247

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Fishing with family and friends also swimming and social gaming via xbox 360

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

Sorry to hear you are putting. The rods and bits to rest , on the off chance do you have any pike tackle going ? As I am looking for pike floats and weights
HONOR IS DOING THE RIGHT THING, EVEN WHEN NOBODY IS LOOKING ...
Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.
"Yes, I will do the opposite. I used to sit here and do nothing and regret it for the rest of the day. So now i will do the opposite, and i will do something..." George Costanza

#5 Alan Fawcett

Alan Fawcett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • Interests:FISHING!!! CAR MECHANICS & PARAPSYCHOLOGY

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:29 AM

Sorry to hear you're packing it up John......but knowing you as well as i do and knowing what you do for that lovely wife of yours, it is understandable.

TROGG (Alan)
a government is there to serve its people not rule them