Wychwood Clothing

Gaz51

{2009 Admin Note: to view Wychwood tackle and clothing for sale, please click here}

I've been looking at winter clothing today.

Tried on the Sundridge Minus 10, toasty and warm, should imagine it's roasting with the free sleepskin system, downside was the price!!!

Had a brief look at the Wychwood Rogue 3/4 jacket and bib and brace. Again, this set up looks to be of good quality. Windproof, waterproof and I was lead to believe, waterproof. Difference being the Rogue outfit was a fraction of the price at £60.

I'm now seriously considering buying this suit as it looks good, fits comfortably and the price is spot on.

Anyone got one or heard anything about them good or bad please. :mellow:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a Sundridge Nimbus two piece suit for about 4 years now and it's still going strong. It's only ever once let me down with rain and that was when spinning all day from 7:am to 3:pm. Believe you me it absolutely poured ALL day without stopping and I must confess the suit did allow me to get dampish and therefore cold by the end of the day but it took everything the weather could throw at it all day long before it gave up. I was totally exposed to the elements all day and did not have to seek shelter once, whilst others on the lack were huddled under brollies or packed up early I fished right through. Sundridge clothing is pukka kit and worth every penny IMO. As for the sleepskin, well you need to experience it to believe it. The keep you warmer then warm, even on the coldest British winter's day. Worn under the Nimbus they provide a level of warmth & comfort I challenge anyone match.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for and Sundridge suits are quality and last well. Like I said I've put mine through 4 years of slog including numerous piking trips and dog walking sessions and it's still going strong. My only complaint is the sleepskin has pilled badly and looks scruffy but it still keeps me warm.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

I had the opportunity to buy a sleepskin system seperately.

They wanted £50 for it, you got the top, some leggings and also a fleece type jacket. Now I am aware that there are other branded base layers about for half the price so felt a bit of research was required before handing over the dosh!

I realise the sleepskin is worn next to the skin, what do you wear over it apart from the suit? With my current kit I wear a micro fleece t shirt, sweatshirt, fleece and then the coat. It tends to feel bulky whilst fishing, maybe buying a sleepskin type set up may allow me to shed some layers and make my winter sessions more comfortable.

For the money have a look at the Shakespeare 2 piece suit. At around 30-40 quid, a real bargain.

I was out Sunday with mine on, in -5 and was very warm. In fact wandering the banks, I was sometimes too warm.

Paul

Thanx forthe heads up Gaz,

Like i said on the other thread, my mate swears by his, he wore it today and was well toastie in it. i have just phoned Cheshire Fishing who have the Minus 10 on offer at £99.99 with free sleepskin suit but they didn't have one in medium.

check their website out at www.cheshirefishing.co.uk there phone lines are open till 10:00pm

Give Chris Goddard a PM and see what he can come up with.

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I'm another fan of the Sundridge Nimbus, that consists of a 2 piece outer and a 2 piece "Sleepskin" inner. This makes it very versatile and allows it to cope with all sorts of temperatures/weather.

Because the waterproof outer is breatheable and unlined it can also be used on wet summer days. Also, being in 2 pieces you could just use the trousers or jacket on their own. You don't therefore have to buy separate summer waterproofs. And being breathable you don't sweat so much in it when carrying your gear to your swim in winter.

It's been discontinued but may still be available at a reduced price from the following if their website is up to date: http://www.climaxtackle.com/sundridge_clearance_deals.htm

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I belive Daiwa bought out sundridge as sundridge suits are the best.

I have had a sundridge heavyweight two piece for so long I cant remember when I bought it (6 or 7 years?).

I use it for beach, carp, match, infact all types of angling including just taking a walk down the beach.

It has stood the test of time but I had to sew up the inside leg the other year after splitting the braces.

I belive this was down to my size, bulky undergarments and an almost impossible manouver to pick something up!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

It has stood the test of time but I had to sew up the inside leg the other year after splitting the braces.

I belive this was down to my size, bulky undergarments and an almost impossible manouver to pick something up!!!!!!!!!!

It's not the first time someone has split their braces trying to pick something up. It used to happen to me in the Bigg Market every Friday night.

;);)

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.