Leisure Fishing in Whitby - As important to the towns economyas commercial fishing.

Guest @Winter@

"now if you and we were able to get something in place like B.A.S.S. are doing "

Are you for real...you dont speak for me!!

Nor would i like to ziplexboy, you have your own tongue in your head to do that with, forget that quote, you were obviously offended by it for some reason?

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Discussed that somewhere on here the other day Stavey. The bass Crew are setting off down the road where the destination is Sport angling. To get there various measures have to be put in place and then when things improve fish wise the anglers hopefully will be willing to sign up to bag limits. Cod angling hasnt even set off down that road, infact the road in question isnt even in the design stage. So how will you get anglers to accept bag limits unless of course as wurzel says they are to be forced on you. Cod angling remains sport for some hunting for others. As there are no longer any cod down there Stavey is this a concept you can take on board ???

Winter i will mind my own business in the future as regards any other area but my own, maybe conservation measures etc, should be discussed for the people by the people in those area's only, i suppose it makes sense i dunno what do you think??????

Guest @Winter@

Would never wish to silence you stavey nor doubt I ever would. As the cod fishing is non existant in your neck of the woods I just wondered if you were able to take on board the culture of what happens in other areas. The Uk is not all shallow beaches dabs and bass m8. Not a dig ,just how I see it and I will be more than willing to listen to your points as I always do.

Would never wish to silence you stavey nor doubt I ever would. As the cod fishing is non existant in your neck of the woods I just wondered if you were able to take on board the culture of what happens in other areas. The Uk is not all shallow beaches dabs and bass m8. Not a dig ,just how I see it and I will be more than willing to listen to your points as I always do.

Yeh i know winter no worries and likewise :) thing is though winter ( i have spent like yourself) blooming hours on end/weeks/months/and a couple of years writing and sending letters attending meetings and god knows what trying to educate if you like to local anglers about doing something about the state of things! for what?

a lot of the times to shut the f*** up but for a species of fish that is not necessary my favourite fish to angle for, but the bennefits it will bring for the one i do ie, mullet.

I will have to learn that us anglers are a very diverse bunch of individuals, and remember this when and if i choose to get involved in furure plans ;) cheers.........

The matter of the fact is that shore anglers have in the last few years have had bag limits imposed on them but by stelth , they have had nothing to do with why they arent catching cod it has being imposed upon them by you know who, some go all winter and might catch 1 codling and some go all winter and catch non 10 years ago this would not have been the case give these lads 3 codlings a day to catch they will think christmas has come early if only i could fill my quota , :P

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg