South Coast Meet

richi

Fished daylight only, just after high, the fly boys did OK I had the usual wrasse to order and a PB Garfish. Was restricted to about 9ft of water due to force 6 from the east forcing us to stay right in Kimmeridge Bay. GIven conditions and restrictions we had a very pleasant afternoon. Shame couldnt stay untill evening but car park closes at dusk.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ledge is bit advanced for me! but hey better by day. Now we are on the subject of locations, how about well up harbour for early Flounders? I don't know about Portsmouth or Southampton/Hythe but in Poole we could do well off the Wareham Channel, Rockley or Lake. Perhaps someone could suggest similar Flounder spots in the other harbours?

I agree, we need to decide on a venue.

As complete beginners we in sussex need as much guidance as poss, pleeeeeease !! :fishing1:

Not got too involved to date as Im not sure I can make it but why dont you say.

High wind the Hamble. 15mph+

Moderate wind 10-15mph. Poole Harbour.

Calm 10mph or less Kimmeridge.

www.xcweather.com will give a good indication 4 days prior. SOme flexibility may be required upto 48 hours before. If everyone assumes they are travelling to the furthest point and plan accordingly then everything else is a bonus.

For the new guys, I can sympathise with Richi. This sport is so weather dependent it is impossible to be to definate probably anymore than 2 days in advance.

But all those locations in those conditions will be fine for novice and experienced a like. Should be a good craic. Im hoping to escape the clutches of the dragon in law. (its its birthday) Be great to meet everybody.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

I am working Nights that weekend :angry:

it don't matter Zzippy,we're fishing daytime ----come along then go to work for a kip!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

it don't matter Zzippy,we're fishing daytime ----come along then go to work for a kip!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Well I am in no matter what, Just finished rigging up fishfinder and GPS so need to try them out and all the new bits, drysuit etc

:bigemo_harabe_net-183:

Well I am in no matter what, Just finished rigging up fishfinder and GPS so need to try them out and all the new bits, drysuit etc

:bigemo_harabe_net-183:

are you up for a fish next sat Gedi?may be a good idea to try it all out beforehand :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

that saturday or week saturday as have to sweet talk FPO if this weekend?

start sweet talking Gedi---obviously weather permitting :D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

assisted rescues---5