Seriously considering emigrating - advice needed.

phooey

My father-in-law to be :huh: always tells me to move abroad

Bl##dy in-laws! :rolleyes:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

" WALES" Phooey, more specifically "Tywyn"

Get yourself a little guest house that'll sleep about twelve with good drying facilities and a capacious freezer ( to take the overspill from Barrys last order) and I reckon you could make a killing from April to September :thumbs:

The language is a bit hard to understand but once you get used to it, Brummy/Blackcountry is'nt too far removed from standard English :D

Go for it mate. :thumbs:

WOW !

Well to be expected really this is THE site for free advice.

I've been out of UK lots but only europe - never across the pond. Got Cousins in Oz, a mate teaching in Thailand, and one of my biking buddies is a Kiwi so had a fair bit of advice from them - only problem is none of the buggers fish !

I actually don't really want to work when I get there I want to squander my pension on fishing tackle and beer and just enjoy retirement.

Spain and france don't really float my boat although Thailand....hmmm the food is fantastic and its cheap....have to look mopre closely at that.

Gonna travel next year then see what I like best and knuckle down over here to prepare.

See how things go.

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

get yourself to thialand phooey, you can then export that "super pheromone bait" to the uk - and get yourself on the gravy train

Hey Phooey!

The country may be screwed, but the people arn't! It's characters like yourself and the guys on here that put the Great in GB. Stay here mate we need ya :)

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

Hey Phooey!

The country may be screwed, but the people arn't! It's characters like yourself and the guys on here that put the Great in GB. Stay here mate we need ya :)

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

Thanks - yeah there are a lot of good ppl in the UK but they are being badly let down by their government. I was considering Wales but hey, if I'm going to up sticks I might as well do it properly.

Just imagine waking up in a beautiful house in a beautiful country full of beautiful women with great weather and fantastic fishing right out the front door. :sun:

The food in Thailand is excellent and my mate say's you can live like a KING on £50.00 a month ! :yeah:

Now go stick your head out the window and tell me its better over here ? :wallbash:

Edited by phooey

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Kaskazi Dorado

Thanks - yeah there are a lot of good ppl in the UK but they are being badly let down by their government. I was considering Wales but hey, if I'm going to up sticks I might as well do it properly.

Just imagine waking up in a beautiful house in a beautiful country full of beautiful women with great weather and fantastic fishing right out the front door. :sun:

The food in Thailand is excellent and my mate say's you can live like a KING on £50.00 a month ! :yeah:

Now go stick your head out the window and tell me its better over here ? :wallbash:

Just stuck m head out, and yep fair enuf :lol:

Canada would be my choice like Darnsarf, beautiful country and nice people :)

SDD~~~~~~ :sun:

Just stuck m head out, and yep fair enuf :lol:

Canada would be my choice like Darnsarf, beautiful country and nice people :)

SDD~~~~~~ :sun:

LOL !

Canada eh ?

Hmmm....yet another one to look at.

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Kaskazi Dorado

The problem is that the grass always seems greener on the otherside! One of the lads from the cricket club has a married a canadian and they live not far from Nifty now (farmers). She would not move back much prefering this country. There are lots of things wrong with this country , equally I could stick my head out of my tent on the slopes of scafell , watch the sunrise and dissapear down to burmoor tarn with the fly rod to catch breakfast. Then I dont think I could trully say its better elsewhere!! :)

post-6813-1166013396_thumb.jpg

Edited by Martin Hurst

Ok Prowler 13

I'm amazed, nobody has suggested Wales, plenty of great fishing including Tope, the locals are mostly friendly but you may need to learn another language especially if you choose the far south. Only a few hours from England, they drive on the left, you'll be able to get English cuisine. The beer is the same as over here but a lot cheaper. You get to have a dragon on your car. All Welsh women look like Catherin Zeta Jones. You can still shop at Tesco's.

We can all come and visit :)

Anyway what's wrong with Bordon :D

SM :)

(sorry lied about the women)

Damn it, didn't read the second page :oops:

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

You'd have to watch yourself in Thailand Phooey, better take the test before you consider it further :

http://www.dr-joe.net/shemale/index.html#

Dem boys dey got da bobbies :eek:

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com