INSHORE FISHERIES WORKING GROUP

glennk

I understand from what I've read, that the Inshore Fisheries Working Group will not have any direct representation from either BASS or the SACN.

Thinking ahead, could a member of the NFSA please explain what voting rights the membership have, under the Federations new Ltd. status.

Cheers

Try Contacting the NFSA

http://www.nfsa.org.uk/about/contacts.htm

Good Luck :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Glen

I said if Wurzel is correct and was meant tonue in cheek. I personally don't believe global warming has anything to do with the poor stocks. As for the Wrasse thing,most my trips are 2-5 day charters so the lads will have mixed fishing with a day on the tope and a day on the pollack and wrasse and perhaps a day snitching on the species in competition with the other boats. 20 species a day is not uncommon and bloody good fun. We have 5 species of wrasse by the way.

How did you get on last night?

A horrible night. Stood with my back to a gale forced south easterly most of the night. Managed 2 sized codling for 4 pounds. Snapped a decent one off (estimated 6 pounds) missed 2 real good bites and caught 2 other codling just under size.

This is the full report from last night:

Whitby sea anglers turned out to fish their Sunday night match in terrible weather conditions. A gale force south easterly wind and driving rain meant the going was tough. Fishing on a large ebbing tide is never easy and expectations of catches were pretty low before the match. However most anglers got a pleasant surprise with the majority finding at least one fish from their chosen marks. William Atkinson who is often the clubs most consistent angler in the latter stages of the season found 5 codlings for 10 pounds 5 ounces which moves him up the league into 6th place overall. The clubs newest member Tim Wright found 4 fish for 7 pounds 7 ounces giving him second place on the night and his first finish in the top 3 since joining the club this season. Colin Stainthorpe took third place with 2 fish for 5 pounds 6 ounces.

Results: 1st William Atkinson 10-5(5 codling), 2nd Tim Wright 7-7(4), 3rd Colin Stainthorpe 5-6(2), Rob Allison 4-15(2), Glenn Kilpatrick 4-11(2), Paul Kilpatrick 4-2(2), Mike Vasey 3-15(2), Ben Laws 3-11(2), Dan Craig jnr 2-13(1), Andy Craig 2-7(1), Brian Harland 2-2(1), Dennis Thompson 2-0(1)