INSHORE FISHERIES WORKING GROUP

glennk

but if your IFWG has its way he will soon have all the time in the world.

Whys that Glen. Even if bag limits were imposed on Cod and I personally don't believe there will be. there are Porbeagles, tope thornbacks, flatties, Pollack, Wrasse, and an increasing number of Bass and who knows what else on your coastline. Plenty there to keep a charter fleet going.

You will probably be to young to remember but the South coast charter business was built on a 2 fish rule. Places like Portsmouth had 40-50 boats going out and each angler was only allowed to keep two fish. It wasn't until Geordie Dixon on Artillery man Two broke the agreement in the 80's that others followed.

Paul at the worst would probably have to learn new skills, but there is no way he would need to pack in. remember the majority of my anglers come from the North east, so there is interest over there in fishing for different species

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when did the constitution of the UK change (don't worry I know it's not written down anywhere) to allow self appointed RSA reps to chenge the law?

As far as I am aware that is what we have parliament for?

Will you folks get real - no RSA rep decides on what is going to be done on our behalf. The government decide what the framework is, it is then up to everyone to try and get the best deal for us within that framework.

Hi nick

I see now, the government gives you a pile of camals dung to work with you put up with that and say thankyou you then kick it around afew times either gathering more dung or the pile gets gets even smaller and when your finished with it you then ask joe public what they think of it in some sort of consultation, i dont think you will get many takers nick because no matter how you dress it up it will always be exactly what it is dung, the more and more i look at it now thats what i am seeing in this strategy, cheers.................

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

BASS didn't simply say 'We want you to do something about bass'.

They produced the the Bass Management Plan, and anyone who has bothered to look at it can see the amount of work put in, not only to define the problem, the opportunties, but to offer some well thought out and researched proposals too.

It's not so much who gets invited to the table, but what that person or organisation can bring to the table which counts.

I have not read the management plan but: I have to ask this. If bass had put in so much time and effort into this argument, it must have been a huge kick in the teeth not to have the mls that they recommended. The question i ask is there must have been a even more robust argument not to have an increase at all, wag, or to have a small increase upto 40cm (pointless), If there wasn't, all of the discussion on the bass mls was a waste of time and money?

What bass brought to the table didn't count for much, or what else has someone to do to get a result?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Leon

Had a look through that list and noticed Anglers Corner a two shop outlet were not on the list plus a couple of others in my area, would it be help full if people like myself put together list of local tackle stores and clubs to be notified?

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Whys that Glen. Even if bag limits were imposed on Cod and I personally don't believe there will be. there are Porbeagles, tope thornbacks, flatties, Pollack, Wrasse, and an increasing number of Bass and who knows what else on your coastline. Plenty there to keep a charter fleet going.

You will probably be to young to remember but the South coast charter business was built on a 2 fish rule. Places like Portsmouth had 40-50 boats going out and each angler was only allowed to keep two fish. It wasn't until Geordie Dixon on Artillery man Two broke the agreement in the 80's that others followed.

Paul at the worst would probably have to learn new skills, but there is no way he would need to pack in. remember the majority of my anglers come from the North east, so there is interest over there in fishing for different species

Unfortunatly Mr Dixon has been upsetting the punters of late, see www.deepsea.co.uk in the anglers messages. They are not happy. The two fish rule was in place to enable the skippers to make a living? Years ago mr Dixon was taken to court apparently for selling a punters fish, he lost.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hi Leon

Had a look through that list and noticed Anglers Corner a two shop outlet were not on the list plus a couple of others in my area, would it be help full if people like myself put together list of local tackle stores and clubs to be notified?

Hi Ken,

Yes the more they know about the more they can include in the information going out.

If you can get someone to fill out and send in the attached, it might help them get on the consultee's list.

Contactquestnre.doc

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hi Ken,

Yes the more they know about the more they can include in the information going out.

If you can get someone to fill out and send in the attached, it might help them get on the consultee's list.

Contactquestnre.doc

Done, now let's see if we can get others involved :rolleyes:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

1st Point as alway Ian, Where is the science that says anglers impact on fish stocks and need to be restricted ?

Mmmm

There is potential for a few boats to take a few shark trips each year. As yet I am unconvinced that it is to be the saviour of fishing from Whitby. Do you know how many sharks were caught from Whitby last Year ?

Bass - Which was the last charter boat to land a bass from our port ?

Pollock - A few a year, I could count them on 1 hand.

Wrasse??? would you pay £35 a trip to catch a wrasse ? I can take you to a shore mark where you could catch them all day long on limpets free of charge. Not bad for a laugh on summers evening.

Flatties ? - Something I take my kids fishing for in the local estuary.

Come on Ian Whitby is about cod you know it as well as me. Will these other types of fishing sustain 20 or more boats from out port ?

http://www.wcsa.co.uk/

1st Point as alway Ian, Where is the science that says anglers impact on fish stocks and need to be restricted ?

Mmmm

There is potential for a few boats to take a few shark trips each year. As yet I am unconvinced that it is to be the saviour of fishing from Whitby. Do you know how many sharks were caught from Whitby last Year ?

Pollock - A few a year, I could count them on 1 hand. Pollock - A few a year, I could count them on 1 hand.

Wrasse??? would you pay £35 a trip to catch a wrasse ? I can take you to a shore mark where you could catch them all day long on limpets free of charge. Not bad for a laugh on summers evening.

Come on Ian Whitby is about cod you know it as well as me. Will these other types of fishing sustain 20 or more boats from out port ?

http://www.wcsa.co.uk/

Hi Glen

I am not suggesting for one moment that there is any science or that is desirable. I personally believe 80 stone of fillets is to much for 10 lads but that is only my opinion.

Who actually targets them. From Nigels reports there were box loads of them.

Pollack A few a year, I could count them on 1 hand.
A few of my mates do well from your neck of the woods on the Pollack from the inshore reefs. They don't shout about it because they are very territorial and can easily be fished out.

Some People pay me £45 for a day on the wrasse. Its literally a fish a drop.

A few of the Weymouth boats will spend days just fishing for Plaice.

The Porgies are an unknown quantity Glen but Dave Morton a self confessed novice organised three trips and had fish on two them and lost others. This was literally a trial. Was it the best time of year?Are there more fish inshore? Only putting in the hours will show the potential. Interestingly you can still catch Cod, Ling and Haddock whilst fishing for the sharks at anchor and the skipper would save a fortune on fuel costs.

If Wurzel is right about Cod movements and global warming then the Whitby fleet may be forced into change. I am not saying the likes of Paul could and should change overnight but offering regulars a variety must be worth considering.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk