2010 Launches 35

2010 Species 25

2011 Launches 23

2011 Species 20

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have a look at the video in post 4 of the topic below--it was roughly 9 knots through the run

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...amp;hl=mudeford

good luck! :headhurt:

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Been thinking ackomeister----you would need some real PADDLEPOWER to paddle against 9 knots :rolleyes:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Even allowing for exaggeration, anchoring in 8kts seems a bit dangerous. The thought of what would happen if your anchor dragged, allowed you to drift unknowingly into some really fast water and then snagged up doesn't bear thinking about.

The water through Poole Harbour entrance on a spring tide runs through at 6knots... there's no way I'd consider anchoring in a current as strong as that.

Ackomeister - can we have some photos please and a video clip if possible of you anchored up in a 8-9knot tide. I hope you're not on the wind up - would be irresponsible if you were given the number of newcomers who read this forum.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

hi guys

the tides do really run through here in Cardiff/Penarth

8/9 knots possibly ...even the charters avoid the full flow and they aren't productive for fishing in when they are belting though like that in massive springs.

I can't imagine that he is going out into these areas but is staying sheltered in places like tucking in behind sully island which would still have a decent current...certainly would be foolhardy to try and fish the full strength of the current

john

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time.

Lady Helen Charter Boat Penarth S.Wales

www.ladyhelencharters.co.uk

No, i am responsible i wear an expensive yak life vest and prior to going out i attend the nearby penarth life boat depot where they blow up my two arm bands to the required pressure. the only draw back is that after afew hours fishing you tend to loose the feeling in your finger tips with the cut off of the blood supply caused by the arm bands....