Dumping North Sea fish 'immoral'

UK_Ozzie

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry you always get abusive.

Can't say I blame you .....

reckon if I were you, I'd be looking for a proper job.

:schmoll:

And I think you should stop reading such fiction stories it obviously gives you night mares.

I fish to live and live to fish.

..... you should stop reading such fiction stories ....

You just keep writing them, Wurzel!

Wasn't it Shakespeare who first penned 'Tragi-comedies' in your style?

:spiteful:

You just keep writing them, Wurzel!

Wasn't it Shakespeare who first penned 'Tragi-comedies' in your style?

:spiteful:

I was reffering to this crap

There is such beauty beneath the waves - but this fragile world must not be taken for granted. Some species will be fished to extinction in my lifetime."

"A combination of human-related threats to our oceans in the form of relentless over-fishing and global warming place immeasurable pressures on our seas that will inevitably lead to vast swathes of empty ocean."

"It's not the regulations set by Governments, but the methods and targeting used by the fishermen themselves which leads to unmarketable and discarded catches."

"Around 90% of the big fish are gone. Magnificent marlin, swordfish and bluefin tuna have just vanished. Where is the outrage?"

"We looked for three days for areas of control zone sea bed which had not been disturbed for some months, but we could not find a single hectare which did not bear the scars of the trawl."

"On a recent assignment to Indonesia, we saw hardly any sharks. The shark-finners had beaten us to it."

"When I return to photograph places visited a few years before, I see, with great sorrow, that they are slowly fading before my eyes. I just hope my photographs remind people what is in the balance"

I don't do fiction

Bloody hell Barry this is becoming hard work. I'm sure I have tried to explain what is a complicated issue several times before. Perhaps you could paste and copy it some where for future reference

The French did acquire the loins share of Channel cod through historic rights.

In deed you have Wurzel, us ordinaries have such short term memory loss, thanks for the hard work, as you can see i have removed your text and pasted it no doubt where you will be happy.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Hello Barry

The point that the second video (20th Nov)was trying to make was that even if the cod catch was at 5% they would still have to be dumped. The under tens have zero cod quota, if the skipper had stayed on his normal prawn grounds his cod catch might well have been as low as 5%, he still would have had to dump them.

Another point. I don't know how many box’s The fruitful Bough catches for a 10 day trip 2 or 3 hundred box’s perhaps so 5% cod is still several fish of which he has quota for.

You can't compare the caches of a premier league boat like the Fruitful Bough to a single handed under ten meter day boat where dumping £100 worth of good fish hurts.

Did nobody see the video of the netting boat (similar to mine) fishing from Lowestoft same night on the local Look East programme?

He caught about £200 worth of fish, a few soles and brill and the best part of a box of cod, the cod were not small knits, after dumping the cod he was left with about £125 worth making a poor day into a bad day, and for what reason?

Mornin wurzel,

yes they would have had to dump it certainly with no quota, again i thought as you have intimated elsewere that there is a small amount of quota released monthly. There is quite a lot of difference in dumping five% compared with 95% that is what the bbc and also the minister want the general public to beleive. It's ok for the likes of us to sort out what is reported. The last words the guy makes in that video was 'it happens all the time', what 95% or more discard? Any sane business man would be out of business within a month if that carried on. I will agree there is no real comparision between a trawler that demonstrates fishing sustainably and one fishing for the camera. I certainly have issues with it, that i have posted previously.

I certainly would like to see the other video of the netting boat any chance of a link. Or point me in the direction.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Edited from previous, thanks for the link Leon, however it appears to be reinforcing comments already made on this, where is the proof minister, we do not beleive you. One scripted prawn fishing video, this week is not enough evidance. Please.

Edited by barry luxton

Excellent article in the Herald.

Why you lot continue to argue the toss with the 'wallies' defies explanation.

Do you think commercial netsmen are going to change their minds and suddenly become responsible soles with consciences? Not likely.

Compromise is not an option.

Excellent article in the Herald.

Why you lot continue to argue the toss with the 'wallies' defies explanation.

Do you think commercial netsmen are going to change their minds and suddenly become responsible soles with consciences? Not likely.

Compromise is not an option.

Well HA "wallies" is a local name given to anglers here abouts.

I consider I'm a responsible sole and my conscience is clear,why should it not be?