Undersize codling petition

Guest @Winter@

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Winter

A difficult one for me this, I agree if there is a discard problem it should be addressed, I was under the impression it had been, there is no way I would vote to have the cod fishing stopped at that time of the year, the boats rely on that good fishing to make up their years work.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Guest @Winter@
Hello Winter

A difficult one for me this, I agree if there is a discard problem it should be addressed, I was under the impression it had been, there is no way I would vote to have the cod fishing stopped at that time of the year, the boats rely on that good fishing to make up their years work.

Hi Wurzel,

The petiton does not mention a ban. I personally would like to see more research to look for the existance of a problem and propose some solutions. If no problem was identified then no solutions would need to follow.

Guest @Winter@

I Understand where Wurzel is coming from. I note from past debate with him that he does recognise discards as a problem though.

Guest @Winter@

If anyone else has a website or uses other forums would you please post it there too. Plus if anyone has any ideas on publicity please let me know.