UK shore fishing venue suggestions please!

john frum

Quoted by Stavey

"And why am i so hostile towards the rsa wholesale and retail industries? well in all my letter writing and campaigning the most none responsive unhelpful and pig ignorant people i have come up against are involved with these businesses.

There are others like tv angling celebs that dont do jack sh*t, and in actual fact are helping to make things worse for us, matt hayes/john wilson/paul young/etc, (i dont include henry gilbey because atleast he bothered to email me to say why he could not help) i dont need to watch how clever they are to catch a fish some where in a remote part of the world where there is fish to catch in the first place, what a load of ********."

a) Depends what your asking someone to put their name to.

B) I have seen John Wilson, Matt Hayes, Paul Young and Henry all catch excellent fish from the shores around the UK.

I bet after your last post you will never get any support from them and I hope they don't judge this forum on that post.

[ 01. July 2005, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Ken Davison South Wales ]

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ken said, I bet after your last post you will never get any support from them and I hope they don't judge this forum on that post.

correct me if im wrong please ken do you actually know if any of these guys are doing anything? apart from taking from the sport of sea angling and making a very nice living, i hope i have missed something? and someone on here can show me all the campaigning/letter writing/ or the use of their priveleged high profile status as a celeb to maybe influence some politicians that our letters never get to directly.

They will say that the company they do fishing programes for ie, discovery would not entertain a programe about the bad state of our angling here, because their sponsers would not like it, and anyway how can you do an angling programe about catching nothing ie, catching cod of the beach they would probably run out of budget waiting to catch one.

And as for them judging me, i could not care less what they think, and if it bothers you ken that you think i am some what lowering the tone of this forum then thats very sad of you.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Ah, the south east this year has been crap and very very late, no consistency and sure ain't the place it used to be...and if it is it's offshore and certainly not of the beaches, crap, crap, crap and even more crap :mad:

If only i could persuade the missus to pack up and move to Ireland and open a B&B at least there you can still hook in to decent fish from the shore, consistently or as near as dammit.

Even with all the ideas that are being planned at the mo, it will take years for our inshore stock to be anything half decent again

There again there's always Norway to emigrate too

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

summer, they are all a waste of space mate they dont give a sh*t if you caught nothing for the rest of your life or any of us for that matter, as long as you carry on lining their pockets, it is their properganda and lies in magazine articles and tv programes that keep us from seeing what is plain on the end of our noses, shore angling is dead when it comes to catching fish of any size.....

Take a look at the Gower ( South Wales ) just on from Swansea and the Mumbles. Some great beach and rock fishing. Like any area it takes a while to get to know it.

Take a look at the fishing Wales web site . .

www.fishing.visitwales.com

Andrew Boyd

Guest stevie cop

I've got to agree with Stavey on this one.

I can see why they can't/don't want to admit there is a problem, but as Stavey says, they are putting their own salary before the sport that pays it.

I wonder if that's why there are so many programmes and magazine articles about fishing abroad nowdays?

Exactly steve, and im not saying who's own words to me said, why do you think i am not spending time on a tv programe about shore fishing for cod in this country this year and never likely to in the future....